Talk

Advanced search

so annoyed with niece!!!

(18 Posts)
sparklymieow Mon 27-Jun-05 16:50:23

At the wedding on saturday she had a Nintendo DS console and she let DS play with it. Ds asked if he could play Rayman and she said 'NO! You are too young and its too hard for you'!!!!!!!!!! Now Ds is 6 months older than her and he has been playing computers since he was 18 months old Because he is small, other kids are always saying that he isn't 7!! but you don't expect it from family
Also last year when we had a party for DS' birthday she turned round and said that Ds wasn't really 7 and he was having his birthday party early!!!!! She also refused to believe that Ds had started school before her, because she really thinks that he is younger.......... everyone has said to her time and time again that DS is older than her. She made DS really upset on sat. by saying he was too young and stupid to play her game, he was crying

sweetmonkey Mon 27-Jun-05 16:55:47

dont know what to say really but how for yr little one

sparklymieow Mon 27-Jun-05 16:57:03

he is small for his age, and he regularly gets 'you're not 7' but this is family..... [grrr]

sparklymieow Mon 27-Jun-05 16:58:33

he also has a fabulous brain for any computer game. You don't have to show him anything, when he was in reception he was the teacher's helper, and had to show the other kids how to use the PCs

sparklymieow Mon 27-Jun-05 16:59:57

and he has the job of booting up and logging the PCs on in his class every morning

QueenEagle Mon 27-Jun-05 17:00:47

I'd be a bit cross too; taking the game was bound to cause arguments between the kids wasn't it?

I might be out of order saying it, but your niece sounds like a spoilt brat to me, sorry.

sparklymieow Mon 27-Jun-05 17:02:42

no we have been saying that! the parents don't tell her off, he was really upset..... because he hates being told he is a baby and not 7

SoupDragon Mon 27-Jun-05 17:05:14

Get him to tell her she must be stupid and a baby if she can't understand that he is older than her.

Oh so satisfying but probably not actually a good idea.

sparklymieow Mon 27-Jun-05 17:06:10

lol SD..... she knows he is older but is spiteful and knows it upset DS

SofiaAmes Tue 28-Jun-05 15:07:07

The object here is to make your ds feel good, not to make the other child feel bad. Don't forget we're talking about children here.
If you have already spoken to the parents of your neice and they don't want to do anything about her behavior, then I think it's a bit of a lost cause trying to change her behavior and you are better off trying to give your son tools to deal with it (and other nasty kids) as that will help him in the future.
I would take your ds aside anytime that you are going to be near your niece and just remind him that she is a little immature and sometimes says nasty things. Remind him that he is cleverer and more capable than she is and that sometimes people get jealous of this and think that name calling will make them feel better. Tell him that he should say something like "I'm sorry you feel that way" and come and let you know that she's being mean and you will give him a big hug and remind him how smart he is. Remind him that it doesn't really matter if she thinks or says that he is younger or dumber, because he, you AND everyone else knows that he isn't and the silly girl is the ONLY one who does't realize it.
Good luck.

sparklymieow Tue 28-Jun-05 16:33:03

thanks SA, I am always telling DS that he is smart and clever (because he is ) I will use those tips with him next time.

misdee Tue 28-Jun-05 16:41:52

i thought dd2 has done soemthing wrong ear;ier wheni saw this.

yourn neice IS a spoilt little girl. so is her brother.

sparklymieow Tue 28-Jun-05 16:42:37

not MISDEE"S DD1 BTW

misdee Tue 28-Jun-05 16:43:12

my dd1 is younger, a fair boit younger. and not a spoilt girl, well not that much lol.

sweetmonkey Tue 28-Jun-05 16:44:20

misdee i started a thread yesteday for you to see how yr weekend was and how yr dh birthday went
dont know if you saw it or not

sparklymieow Tue 28-Jun-05 16:45:12

She is nasty to DS I Remember when she said that DS wasn't at big school really but at nursery......

misdee Tue 28-Jun-05 16:47:16

didnt see it SM, can u tell me where it is?

sweetmonkey Tue 28-Jun-05 16:48:54

just bumped it up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now