Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This is spookily psychic - are you?

(19 Posts)
Willow2 Mon 27-Jun-05 14:12:35

Yesterday we were out at friends and DS managed to fall up a set of wooden stairs, landing on his eyebrow with such force that it split. At around the same time my sister called from Canada and spoke to my DH, who said I would call her. In fact, what with the unscheduled visit to A&E, I forgot - only to remember at about midnight, so I emailed her to explain why I hadn't called. Two seconds later the phone rang -it was my sister (who has had loads of psychic moments in the past) who told me that she had been ringing earlier in the day to say to keep an eye on DS as the previous night she'd had a dream that he would fall up (not down) a set of stairs and hurt himself. A tad freaky to say the least.

Anyone else out there who's a tad freaky on the psychic front?

fishfinger Mon 27-Jun-05 14:13:35

coindidence

Willow2 Mon 27-Jun-05 14:21:09

Don't think so - why she would dream about DS falling up stairs when she hasn't seen him for nearly a year, I don't know. Plus, she's done it before on lots of things, including ringing from America because she was certain something had happened to our grandmother - it had, she had died.

dizzymama Mon 27-Jun-05 14:21:13

I'm always doing this Willow. Last year a friend was due to drive down to see his family in Cornwall and I had a dream that he crashed en route (very horrible). Due to past dreams I Made him text me at 3am when he arrived to let me know all was ok!!! Inclined to think it is probably coincidence but spooky nontheless!!

Willow2 Mon 27-Jun-05 14:21:57

But have you ever had something happen that you have foreseen?

dizzymama Mon 27-Jun-05 14:22:57

Yep, lots of times but have always presumed it's been because I have been thinking about that certain thing.

dizzymama Mon 27-Jun-05 14:24:17

like when I dreamt Mom and Dad were ill on holiday, I rang and Dad had hurt his leg. I worry when they're away so presume the dream was a way of venting this! I must have dreamt similar things when all has been ok. Is ds ok BTW?

Willow2 Mon 27-Jun-05 14:48:02

Yes thanks - he's got a 2cm cut above his eye but they have steri-stripped it back together. Incredible how much blood can come out of a 2cm hole though!

BadgerBadger Tue 28-Jun-05 01:56:25

One of the things I've seen was when I was in my teens; I was reading a book in my kitchen and 'saw' a car crash, in detail (makes of cars/colours/exact spot of accident). I felt certain a close friend was involved, but I hadn't seen her car in the crash.

She pulled up at her house about fifteen minutes later (over the lane from us) and I ran out. I explained what I had seen and she told me that she had witnessed this crash, she had been in the next car on the road and had offered to channel Reiki to the injured. I had seen the crash as if through her eyes.

Her DH was there too, he was far more freaked out than either of us were though .

nightowl Tue 28-Jun-05 02:12:09

i once had a dream that an ex i was totally in love with was packing up and leaving. i could see him moving his stuff past my window. sure enough, 2 months later there he went, past my window, exactly the same. (with no warning, no way i could have known) (he came back though, dont they always!) my friends are kinda wary of me and always want to know my dreams in graphic detail these days!

jayzmummy Tue 28-Jun-05 05:58:12

I woke at 4.30am after having a really bad dream about my Father. I was so convinced that something really bad had happened to him but as it was so early in the morning I couldnt phone to check all was OK. DH told me I was silly for worrying so much and told me to go back to sleep.

I couldnt get back to sleep and lay watching the clock ticking away. At 6.45am I phoned home and there was no answer....I knew then that something was wrong. I phoned the hospital local to my parents home and my Dad was there sadly he had suffered a heart attack at 4.20am and he died later that day.

My Dad makes an appearance every so often in my dreams and usualy within a couple of days of me dreaming about him something happens that I know he was pre warning me about.....he is usually telling me to stay strong and to hold my head up high, just like he did when I would turn to him in my times of trouble.

Flossam Tue 28-Jun-05 06:33:55

I really think I ought to write my dreams down. So many times since I have had DS I have a really strong feeling of de ja vu that I'm sure are dreams I have had.

whymummy Tue 28-Jun-05 07:26:17

oh willow that is spooky,i do have something but i can't explain it,after having ds i kept getting butterflies in my stomach and kept thinking about my eldest sister,the phone rang next day and she had shattered her knee in a skiing accident,then another time i woke up and couldn't move my left wrist,it was really painful,hours later i got a call saying my mum had fallen down the stairs and broken her left wrist i also had awful stomach pains when my youngest sister was in labour,without me knowing she was in labour.i don't know if it's telepathy or coincidence but spooks me everytime

zipzip Tue 28-Jun-05 11:11:47

Too many to list here but here's a few -

pushing the pram to the park I had a vision of a car crashing onto the path near me. 20 minutes later a car crashed onto the path near me.

Vivid dream of a man jumping from a tall building (very gory detail) Drove to friends that morning and passed the scene where a man had jumped from a tall building.

Told friend he would have an affair and his wife would find out via his mobile phone. he laughed, he was happily married. Few months later he had an affair and his wife found out via his mobile phone.

friend up the street (didn't really know each other that well at the time) came home from work at 9.10pm and got an overwhelming feeling that there was something wrong with me. At exactly the same time, there was indeed something wrong with me.

Had a vision of trouble involving many kids around me and lots of police and fire engines. Actually posted about this on a forum at the time. Friends on the forum were discussing it and waiting to see if anything happened. Few hours later a load of kids set something on fire in the garages at the back of my house. Police and firemen came. This ended very well as one of the firemen chatted me up and kept calling to see me afterwards.

HappyHuggy Tue 28-Jun-05 11:17:33

Everybody has some psychic ability, the only difference is that some choose to nurture and respect it, too learn from their gift whereas some dont.

SaintGeorge Tue 28-Jun-05 11:20:30

Huggy

meggymoo Tue 28-Jun-05 11:21:30

Message withdrawn

Willow2 Tue 28-Jun-05 11:29:56

Wow - these are really fascinating!

trefusis Tue 28-Jun-05 12:14:50

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now