Talk

Advanced search

feel so bad :( i'm such a bad mummy!

(12 Posts)
starlover Mon 27-Jun-05 11:22:31

sat ds (almost 5 months) in his bouncy chair with some toys to play with. i went to get dressed and was just doing my hair when i heard him grizzling. i figured he'd be ok for a moment while i finished doing my hair...

came back in and he had managed to lean forward in the chair and tip it over so his head was on the floor and he was bent double!!!

i feel so bad! my poor little baby. i will never ignore him crying again

sweetmonkey Mon 27-Jun-05 11:23:54

is he ok now?

starlover Mon 27-Jun-05 11:25:20

yeah, i don't think he hurt himself. he stopped crying whn i picked him up!

going to throw that bloody bouncy chair away though!

sweetmonkey Mon 27-Jun-05 11:27:43

thats quite dangerous if a little one can just lean forward for it to go over, if hes stopped crying im sures he's prob ok. just needs some mummy star love

sweetmonkey Mon 27-Jun-05 11:28:20

who makes the chair?

jessicasmummy Mon 27-Jun-05 11:29:21

name and shame the chair so i dont go and buy one PLEASE!

hope he is ok xxx

starlover Mon 27-Jun-05 11:31:18

it's just a regular mothercare one. i think ANY make would have tipped over because he had leaned so far forward in it.
it's just the basic one with thin metal frame and cotton cover

essbee Mon 27-Jun-05 11:31:31

Message withdrawn

starlover Mon 27-Jun-05 11:32:43

i know they say not to use them once they are sitting up[... but he can't actually sit up by himself yet! so thought he'd be ok in it.
he has tried to lean forward before but can't really manage it... or so i thought!

he's gone for a sleep now. i just feel so bad about leaving him by himself!

essbee Mon 27-Jun-05 11:38:28

Message withdrawn

starlover Mon 27-Jun-05 11:47:40

essbee.. i know.. just feel that i shouldn't have left him on his own

staceym11 Mon 27-Jun-05 11:55:02

You cant be there for them every minute of the day, im sure he just startled himself and is fine now, if they ever did anythign to really hurt themselves they'd soon let you know and it'd be crying you'd know not to ignor! you can't think badly of yourself for this there's no harm done and im sure he doesn't blame you!!! cheer up, if it's the worst that ever happens to him he'll be priveledged!!! ( me and dp managed to drop our 6mth old (now 8mth) between us, passing her over a table we knocked a vase and both went to catch the vase, poor dd was a bit shocked but some cuddles and kisses made it all better!)!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now