Talk

Advanced search

Can I ask two questions in one go?

(12 Posts)
Carla Mon 27-Jun-05 11:17:57

First, does anyone know if children's wellies come in width fittings, and if so where I could get some? DD1 has rather wide feet!

Second, my little baby (okay, okay, she's 6!) has a two night field trip away in a couple of weeks. She has to take her own plate, cutlery etc. She also has to was them up herself ! Does anyone know of a company that makes name stickers that could withstand that?

TIA for any answer! XXX

jessicasmummy Mon 27-Jun-05 11:19:12

not sure about the first, but for the second, could you not use a black permenant marker pen?!

starlover Mon 27-Jun-05 11:20:07

wellies don't come in width fitting i'm afraid... but they do tend to be qutie generous anyway. try the next size up... they will be fine as long as she doesn't trip over the extra length!

don't know about stickers... but could you buy some cheap plastic stuff and use a permanent marker on them?

starlover Mon 27-Jun-05 11:20:23

ahhh JM.... great minds!

stitch Mon 27-Jun-05 11:21:30

yes, think it is namelabels.com or something similar. but sounds to me like an expensive option. why not just get the cheapy ikea plates cutlery etc and use a permanent marker. that way if she loses it, doesnt matter.
i dont think wellies come in width fittings. if they did, i am sure clarks would sell them.

zubb Mon 27-Jun-05 11:27:50

If its plastic you can put the name on the back in nail varnish.

compo Mon 27-Jun-05 11:42:05

my mum always used nail varnish

Gobbledigook Mon 27-Jun-05 11:42:58

In guides we put our names on with nail polish

Nightynight Mon 27-Jun-05 11:54:11

dont Clarkes do gum boots in width fittings?

starlover Mon 27-Jun-05 17:17:20

no. clarks boots only come in one width

Nightynight Mon 27-Jun-05 17:54:17

why are they so dear then??? I thought it was cos of width fittings!

startrite?

Carla Mon 27-Jun-05 22:02:34

Thanks guys. I did manage to find a website which says their name stickers are 'dishwasher proof'. Ha! I'll let you know.

Just think it's so sad that at six she has to have boring old green wellies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now