Talk

Advanced search

Murder across my road last night...

(15 Posts)
Flossam Sun 26-Jun-05 19:57:35

In a B and B directly opposite. Had no idea till this afternoon. Now I'm home alone tonight as Dp on nights and the PC wouldn't tell me if they'd caught anyone. Not very nice at all.

Dior Sun 26-Jun-05 19:58:11

Message withdrawn

Xena Sun 26-Jun-05 20:04:31

Bhell poor you

Flossam Sun 26-Jun-05 20:07:28

There is no story on it at all anywhere. Why do some crimes get reported an others not? Mind you, I suppose the news in London would be full of murders every night wouldn't they? Would just like to know that they know 'who done it' and have got them!

Dior Sun 26-Jun-05 20:09:01

Message withdrawn

Flossam Sun 26-Jun-05 20:10:40

IKWYM Dior. I'm on the third floor too so should be safe from criminals on the run hopping through the window! Just is unsettling.

Dior Sun 26-Jun-05 20:14:36

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Sun 26-Jun-05 20:16:41

How horrid! However, even lunatics don't usually return to the scene of the crime and re-commit the same crime, do they?

Flossam Sun 26-Jun-05 20:21:57

No there is a poor PC still stood out there. Standing on a crime scene, my DP's pet hate. Cold, hungry and thirsty work for hours on end. Wonder if I will ever find out what happened.

kid Sun 26-Jun-05 20:27:43

There is always something going on round here (Hackney) most of which never gets reported in the newspaper.

Hope they catch / have caught whoever it was.

There was a stabbing just down the road from me yesterday, no idea if they caught the person or if anyone died. Will have a look in the local paper when it comes out.

Flossam Mon 27-Jun-05 12:28:42

DP looked it up at work and apparently the murderer was caught less than an hour after it happened on saturday afternoon and admitted doing it. Apparently the man was killed with a hockey stick and a knife . So why didn't PC plod just say yes, someone is in custordy? DP said he would have done. Silly bat!

moschops Mon 27-Jun-05 12:35:31

i look at my local police website everyday to see what crimes they have written up.........they don't always have everything that happens on there but there is usually a voicebank number which you can phone and listen to a recording of updates.

Hausfrau Mon 27-Jun-05 12:49:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kid Mon 27-Jun-05 12:52:09

where do you find the local police website?
(Our local paper isn't out till thursday).

Fio2 Mon 27-Jun-05 12:55:08

oh dear, sounds grim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now