Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Washing Machine-please help me!

(14 Posts)
Badger7 Sun 26-Jun-05 09:23:56

Calling everyone who uses a washing machine! This is a_desperate plea_- I've just spent nearly 2 hours trying to find my*Hotpoint Aquarius Ultima 1400 (WM76*washing machine's *instruction booklet/information on web*.

It is showing fault E30 and telling me to look in my user's guide. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me where my user's guide has been put in my shambolic filing system (otherwise known as a house...).

If anyone has the same machine and is more organised than me on the storage front, PLEASE tell me what E30 means (I think it is listed on a page near the back of the booklet). If is means 'nae chance' or 'just buy a new one, meaney' then I can start looking for one today while I've got hubbie home with car... otherwise I've go another week with no washing machine and two boys under 7 (sob sob - anyone taking pity on me yet?)

Seriously, I really have tried everything I can think of to get the information on a Sunday morning! I've even missed RolyPolyOly and George Shrinks while I've been searching!!

Hope you can help...

munz Sun 26-Jun-05 09:32:30

oohh I have a hotpoint, and hub did a link for me on a booklet thingy I'll see if i can find it for you.

lilaclotus Sun 26-Jun-05 09:32:44

i did a quick search. all i found was this .
hth

Badger7 Sun 26-Jun-05 09:38:14

Glory be! I had one more search on the net, looked at a page I could swear I'd already checked, and found a link to a code list. In case anyone else needs it (I think it is for all the Hotpoints, not just my model) the address is:

http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/Service/faq/errorcodes.html

Unfortunately it says my motor is crook, so looks like we'll be spending a sunny day in electrical shops...

Thanks to any/all who have already started looking for their booklets!

lilaclotus Sun 26-Jun-05 09:40:44

it could be fixed though, as you can read in the link i put up...
unless you're really eager to get a new one

munz Sun 26-Jun-05 09:42:24

this is the thread hub helped me on I have an aquarius 1200 and he found me the booklet I think it's the same just with a few extra pointers for the 1400 model.

washer thread

Badger7 Sun 26-Jun-05 09:42:37

lilaclotus, have looked at your link - thanks. Think it is worth having a look inside machine before running off to shops, so you may have saved me from spending my holiday fund!!

Thanks, and thanks to other mums too.Amazed at how quickly everyone responded!Great community spirit!

munz Sun 26-Jun-05 09:43:28

can u not get a guy out to fix it? (our local electric blokey chrages £40 that's for him to be here for about an hour ish ) well £40 to do simple jobs I think.

Badger7 Sun 26-Jun-05 09:49:43

lilaclotus,munz,thanks!Have looked at both links and we'll have a go.

mandyc66 Sun 26-Jun-05 10:22:33

not read all of thread but thought i would say. my washer packed in and it cost me £30 for someone to say it couldnt be mended. I now hire one. No more repair bills. if it breaks down they come and fix it or replace it!!! it costs me £13 a month which i am pleased with.

Badger7 Sun 26-Jun-05 12:45:10

Mandy, where do you hire it from?I haven't heard of that but am very interested (we seem to go through machines every 3 years- perhaps Hotpoint aren't that good a choice?

mandyc66 Mon 27-Jun-05 17:37:05

I looked it up in the yellow pages. I heard about it as my sil does it..she only pays £9 a month!!!!!

Badger7 Thu 30-Jun-05 22:50:58

can't find one listed in my area of Scotland. Any ideas or company names to try please??

puma Thu 30-Jun-05 23:06:54

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now