Talk

Advanced search

boring chemical q - 'do not store above 25°C'

(5 Posts)
berolina Sun 26-Jun-05 04:31:30

ds has been prescribed a solution for thrush to be given after feeds. Just went to give him some and noticed above instruction on the package. I've been keeping it (had it a few days) in what is generally the coolest room, but suspect that even there it'll have been over 25° in this heat. Does this mean it won't work (in which case I'll need to get some more), or just that it might not keep as long? Anybody any clue (I am so not the scientific type )? Should I put it in the fridge instead?

berolina Sun 26-Jun-05 15:19:44

sorry, boring but - bump - still need someone less thick than me to advise!

happymerryberries Sun 26-Jun-05 15:33:41

The company that makes the drug will have tested that it doesn't break down in any way over a range of temperatures. By saying , 'don't store above 25 degrees C' they are saying that it is stable at these temperatures. the hotter it gets the more it will break down and the storter its shelf life will be.

I doubt that it will all break down at once, but they will not be sure that it hasn't IYSWIM

berolina Sun 26-Jun-05 21:55:33

Thanks!

stitch Sun 26-Jun-05 22:10:01

i know that in hot countries they tend to store calpol etc in the fridge. but i doubt that it would have been affected so quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now