Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Problem with one of peters gifts

(15 Posts)
misdee Sat 25-Jun-05 19:22:21

igot him a neon power ball hoping he'd be able to use to build his strength up in his arms. infomation on the leaflet in the side the box once he opened it (i paid extra for gift wrapping) says he should use it as he has heart problems. i cant see that stated on the site. i have asked for a full refund of the product and the gift wrapping. could they refuse?

QueenOfQuotes Sat 25-Jun-05 19:26:05

It's not stated on the site - I don't see how they can refuse really.

misdee Sat 25-Jun-05 19:27:23

just got a feeling they wil lso no to the gift wraspping refund. i stated i wouldnt have bought it if it had said it wasnt suitable.

misdee Sat 25-Jun-05 19:28:25

"says he shouldnt use it". my typing is bad.

Pixiefish Sat 25-Jun-05 19:29:07

I'd explain the situation in full to them misdee. They're hard hearted if they won't refund you xx Happy birthday peter

Twiglett Sat 25-Jun-05 19:29:47

I think they probably will refuse but if you fight your corner I think you should get total cost back ... because that is an ommission on their site definitely

as an aside DH bought one of those to help him with his wrist joints and got bored within a week then DS lost the string

SaintGeorge Sat 25-Jun-05 19:30:46

They say they have a 'no quibble guarantee', return to them unused and in original condition within 30 days for full refund.

Does say that gift wrapping charge your responsibility, but I think your reason for exchange falls into a bit of a black hole. Item isn't faulty but certainly isn't suitable.

Think I would email customer services and explain the situation. Good luck

AuntyQuated Sat 25-Jun-05 19:36:44

we have one of these and you really get a sweat on...i think it ought to be mentioned on their site

misdee Sat 25-Jun-05 19:38:04

thing is i was playing wqith it, so its not unused.

its bloomin hard work!!

Tissy Sat 25-Jun-05 19:38:13

It might be worth checking with peter's cardiologist- it might just be that it is not suitable for people with pacemakers?

misdee Sat 25-Jun-05 19:39:54

he has an ICD (same precautions as a pace maker) so avoided all the magnetic gifts.

jessicasmummy Sat 25-Jun-05 19:48:48

thats a real shame mate, im assuming you go to see him though which is a good thing. How is he doing today?

misdee Sat 25-Jun-05 19:55:16

oh yes we went to see him. se seems pretty chirpier. the kitchen staff made him a cake, tho it looked very odd, and we were sure what it was amde of, but the thought was very nice. the nurses also bought hi ma card. there was a sign on his door stating 'birthday boy'. he still has one rpesent here as was too heavey to carry there with everything else. itys a smoothie maker wehich he asked for.

jessicasmummy Sat 25-Jun-05 19:56:09

thats really cool... something to look forward to when he gets home. Good to hear the nurses are looking after him today!

Hows the choccy cake?!

misdee Sat 25-Jun-05 19:56:47

it was yummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now