Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me .....?

(14 Posts)
Fran1 Sat 25-Jun-05 17:09:29

or does anyone else cringe when people proudly display their pics up here?

I'm gonna get shot for this i know.

Just what is the purpose other than for people to go awwww ooooooh arent they cute.

Which nice people are always gonna say whether they're cute or not, and horrible people like me are always gonna ignore.

Libb Sat 25-Jun-05 17:12:00

No, I don't cringe. If you can't be proud of your darlings here then where can you?

I bet your darling(s) are cute too! go on, show us ...

Fran1 Sat 25-Jun-05 17:14:43

I am proud of my very cute dd but don't feel a need to post a pic of her up here!

Think it also stems from not wanting pics of her on internet also.

Libb Sat 25-Jun-05 17:16:21

fair enough, my DS is cute too and I can't be bothered to resize his pics . . .

gigglinggoblin Sat 25-Jun-05 17:22:46

i have never posted a photo of my own cos im too lazy. love looking at other peoples tho

QueenOfQuotes Sat 25-Jun-05 17:29:48

Because I like showing them off

You don't have to look if you don't want to - but I bet you all do anyway

hercules Sat 25-Jun-05 17:30:44

I agree, Fran. I'll run for the hills now.

emily05 Sat 25-Jun-05 17:32:07

I like to look at pictures. I feel like I know a few people on here and it is nice to put a picture to the name iyswim. I
like seeing the children as well, but I am broody at the mo! I suppose I must be nosey!!

MistressMary Sat 25-Jun-05 17:32:34

Bang.

Fran1 Sat 25-Jun-05 17:38:15

That was a small bang wasn't it

I knew i'd be told not to look, but i'm afraid thats an impossibility (pure nosiness i'm sorry)

But i never feel like posting anything because after 50 awwwws and oooooohs it just wouldn't seem genuine.

KBear Sat 25-Jun-05 17:41:59

Fran1 - I don't cringe but dont' feel it necessary to do it myself. Different strokes and all that. Some people haven't got family and friends to show their lovely children off to so maybe that's why some do it.

MistressMary Sat 25-Jun-05 17:43:28

BIGGER BANG

bubblerock Sat 25-Jun-05 17:50:29

I don't mind the cute baby pics, but I prefer pictures of Mumsnetters - they're funnier

QueenOfQuotes Sat 25-Jun-05 18:21:34

"but I prefer pictures of Mumsnetters - they're funnier"

here you go Bubblerock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now