Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yet another quick poll on the boring subject of my childrens art workshops...

(12 Posts)
EnidHobblingLikeAnOldWoman Thu 23-Jun-05 12:21:50

How much would you pay for a 2 hour art workshop for your child? It is being run in an arts centre, with all materials, drinks and biscuits provided. Suitable for children 7 and up.

£3, £4.50, £5?

we are in the South West which is fairly affluent but I don't want to make it prohibitive.

WideWebWitch Thu 23-Jun-05 12:23:13

I'd happily pay a fiver. Mayabe 4 quid would get more interest though?

misdee Thu 23-Jun-05 12:23:37

£4.50, maybe £5.

Marina Thu 23-Jun-05 12:24:23

I am as one with the witch. £5 no problem, £4 might get more through the door.
I am guessing you are not under the financial cosh to break even/make a profit Enid?

EnidHobblingLikeAnOldWoman Thu 23-Jun-05 12:29:03

no I dont have to make a profit. But have to convince my council that it is a goer so they dont want me to make a huge loss. I wanted £3 but they MADE me do my figures in front of them = biggish loss so am under pressure to raise the price a bit

Jimjams Thu 23-Jun-05 12:31:01

I didn't know you were in the SW!

My friend's primary school did an all day one during holidays and it was quite pricey. I'd have no problem paying a fiver.

Lizzylou Thu 23-Jun-05 12:31:28

JoJingles music classes charge £3.50 (I think, could be £3) for only 45mins...so I'd think £4/5 would be very reasonable for 2 hours.......

Marina Thu 23-Jun-05 12:31:47

Oh dear, hauled up before the Audit Beaks were you? No wonder you are bent double in agony. I'd definitely pitch it as low as you can to satisfy the number crunchers, then hopefully the amount of places booked will strengthen your case for keeping charges modest.

batters Thu 23-Jun-05 13:02:09

I would even go above £5. My dd attended a fab Dulwich Picture Gallery workshop for 3 hours and we paid £8.

umm, how about £5 and £4 for children with parents who have proof of benefit? Or £5 for one child, £8 for two siblings?

tortoiseshell Thu 23-Jun-05 13:04:34

£4 or £5 I would say. We pay £3.50 for 3/4 hour gym which lots of people seem prepared to pay.

flobbleflobble Thu 23-Jun-05 13:06:54

A 2 hour drama workshop round here (<1 hour from London)costs £8 and is popular at that price - so if you are including materials I would imagine that round here you could charge at least £8. I would pay that if it was a good workshop.

Prufrock Thu 23-Jun-05 15:44:42

£5 at least Enid. I used to pay £3.50 for a "mucky pups" toddler class which was nothing more than painting/sticking/colouring printouts from C- Beebies and only lasted 30 minutes plus 10 minutes singing at the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now