Talk

Advanced search

AIR COOLERS!!! can anyone reccommend one?

(13 Posts)
jinglybits Tue 21-Jun-05 11:14:58

its hot hot hot in my flat and ds can't sleep so i can't sleep and am going mad. Fan just blows hot air around, was told by a friend to by an air cooler - a fan unit you can add cold water or ice to but there seem to be so many in varying prices that i was wondering if anyone could reccommend one, is more expensive better or do they all do the job just without the fancy extras?! HELP...am melting!...

TracyK Tue 21-Jun-05 11:19:46

I want to know this too - was looking on ebay yesterday - but seems to be quite a lot of choice!

jinglybits Tue 21-Jun-05 14:59:40

bump!

catgirl Tue 21-Jun-05 15:12:41

we bought a convair magicool air conditioner last year from Robert Dyas - it is great and also got money off at the mo - but not cheap - £150 - but personally I think it is worth it.

hope this works

catgirl Tue 21-Jun-05 15:13:21

yippee yippee yippee - my link work - never managed it before

Milliways Tue 21-Jun-05 15:59:55

We bought 2 in Homebase for about £80+ (in sale + 10% day)2 years ago. You canrun them like a fan or add water & ice blocks. They are a life saver to us.

Milliways Tue 21-Jun-05 16:12:12

Sorry - They say LF320 on the front, but cannot find them anymore on the Homebase site.

jinglybits Tue 21-Jun-05 23:29:07

convair magicool looks great but i really don't want to have to leave the window open, the road is just too noisy and busy! Can't seem to find milliways model does anyone else have an air cooler reccommendation or idea about whether its better to buy a more expensive model or if a cheaper one wouldn't be so efficient?

Ailsa Tue 21-Jun-05 23:40:41

ice fan

jinglybits Tue 21-Jun-05 23:48:20

looks good ailsa, thankyou so much, please tell me, do you have one? does it work well?

Ailsa Tue 21-Jun-05 23:53:07

I don't have one yet but have it on good authority that they are good. You can also buy spare ice packs so you've got one set in use and another waiting in the freezer. I tried to get one 2 years ago when I was pg with dd2, but they'd sold out!

jinglybits Wed 22-Jun-05 00:26:43

thankyou ailsa! x.

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-05 09:01:12

what size are the ice packs? presume they fit in the freezer ok.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: