loader

Talk

Advanced search

EVIL MIL lands in 12 hours

(46 Posts)
Hausfrau Mon 20-Jun-05 19:37:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

franke Mon 20-Jun-05 19:41:41

3 weeks? That's a bit excessive isn't it? You're in Germany not Australia. What on earth are you going to do with her for all that time?

Ulysees Mon 20-Jun-05 19:45:47

Oh no poor you. Will she help out a lot with the kid/s?

LGJ Mon 20-Jun-05 20:00:49

It all makes sense now..............is she over weight ??

invisiblegirl Mon 20-Jun-05 20:05:56

for you Hausfrau. I can sympathise as my MIL is coming over for the summer on 1st July (although not staying with us) but having her in the same country is enough

noddyholder Mon 20-Jun-05 20:21:07

I am imagining a broomstick!

Hausfrau Mon 20-Jun-05 20:22:40

motherinferior Mon 20-Jun-05 20:24:31

Oh NOOOOO!!!! Email me whenever you feel like it, sweetie.

And you're not overweight, by the way.

Hausfrau Mon 20-Jun-05 20:35:44

bran Mon 20-Jun-05 20:37:00

I hope your dh is taking some time off to spend with his mum, or at the very least taking her off sight-seeing at the weekends so that you can have some free time. I remember having several passionate whispered arguments in bed with dh on that very subject when mil visited us in Berlin.

bran Mon 20-Jun-05 20:38:02

btw the arguments were in bed because it was the only time we were alone together, and whispered because mil was in the next room.

LGJ Mon 20-Jun-05 20:38:02

Yes, but you thought about lard this afternoon, so a fiver says she is a lard arse

edam Mon 20-Jun-05 20:42:20

Sympathy, sympathy! My poor sister has major MIL troubles of her own - thank God hers isn't visting any time soon.

If she gets really irritating, buy some laxatives and hide them in her tea/coffee/dinner.

franke Mon 20-Jun-05 20:42:41

I'm sorry but your post made me lol

Perhaps you can just develop a strategy of nonchalently agreeing with everything she says, however outrageous - I find it works a treat at wrong-footing overbearing rellies.

Now take a deep breath and dispel the negative energy from your body otherwise you really will look like this when she walks through the door.

Hausfrau Mon 20-Jun-05 20:43:52

Hausfrau Mon 20-Jun-05 20:47:43

Hausfrau Mon 20-Jun-05 20:50:21

acnebride Mon 20-Jun-05 20:54:56

LOL hausfrau, maybe you could make a mask and wear it to save strain on the face muscles.

3 weeks. God. Make a little chart under your pillow of the hours left til she goes - feels great when you can cross off another 12

bran Mon 20-Jun-05 20:57:07

Is there anything that she really doesn't like Hausfrau? You could make up a family routine that might give you some free time. For instance - if she doesn't like swimming you could say that you go always go swimming on Tuesday mornings (or whatever). Hopefully she will come down with a migraine or something and you can head out on your own with ds2.

BTW, when my mil was staying with us my dh took a "day off", on the morning of his day off he had to pop into the office first thing for "half an hour at the most", I went off to my German lessons and popped back home on my way to lunch with a friend and poor mil was still waiting for him to come home. He eventually came home at 3pm. I did feel a bit sorry for her, even though she's annoying.

Hausfrau Mon 20-Jun-05 21:52:23

sobernow Mon 20-Jun-05 22:12:28

berolina Mon 20-Jun-05 22:17:50

Sympathy and support vibes from me too! We'll get together when it's all over and you can work through your trauma with me and coo over ds
Thanks for the mail btw! Will answer when not permanently feeding!

invisiblegirl Mon 20-Jun-05 22:45:50

Hausfrau - my MIL said to me last year "So, you've stopped your diet then?"

to which I replied "NO"

Awkward silence!

Hausfrau Tue 21-Jun-05 09:15:32

invisiblegirl Tue 21-Jun-05 09:22:27

Hausfrau - could you possibly ask her why she's so hung up about you being larger than a size 10? Just tell her your dh likes you like this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now