Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Razor rash on legs - how do you get rid of it??

(7 Posts)
TinyGang Sat 18-Jun-05 23:21:21

I shave my legs and don't usually have any problem but I seem to have a razor burn or rash on the front of my legs that appeared a few days ago. It's a little bit itchy - not too bad at all, but it looks horrible and doesn't seem to be going despite moisturising. Any ideas on getting rid of it please?

Gillian76 Sat 18-Jun-05 23:25:23

OOh TinyGang - I did this once. Can't remember if I did anything that hepled. I only have them waxed now, though

bubbly1973 Sun 19-Jun-05 22:46:10

tinygang...silly question but is your razor new or has it gone round the mill a bit?

also, if you dab a bit of teatree oil on your legs that should help, must do that straight after shaving, and when you feel like they are itchy later on in the day, dab a bit more on

hth

TinyGang Sun 19-Jun-05 22:58:22

Thanks bubbly - I will definately try the tea tree. It seems to be easing a bit now thankfully.

I do use a new razor as much as I can, but you've made me think..I got this while we were away recently and I think I might have used an oldish razor then (looked unused, but maybe not) which I keep in a bag of bits and pieces for when/if I go away. Will be more careful next time!

eidsvold Mon 20-Jun-05 23:56:01

moisturiser that contains aloe vera helps as does a little calendula cream

Skribble Tue 21-Jun-05 00:02:26

I use the protector type razor as I kept slicing my ankles, what about silky mitts, they are great for ingrowing hairs and exfolliating dry skin. Any one tried the battery sanders.

QueenEagle Tue 21-Jun-05 00:05:42

I think the key to avoiding shaving rash is to make sure your legs are really really wet and well lathered before you actually start with the razor. Moisturise after too.

The only time I ever got a rash was when I dry shaved before I went out once and it itched like hell! Now I just use well-lathered showergel and no probs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now