Talk

Advanced search

Is she avoiding the situation?

(6 Posts)
curlygirl4 Tue 10-Nov-09 15:23:22

It seems really petty when I write this down. So here goes, my mum pasted away on the 4/11 this year and the person l consider to be my dearest friend has kept away she has text me twice.I have two other good friends that have been great and without them and my hubby,children and the everyday chores of children and work. I could have easily spent my days hiding from the world. Am l being over sensitive? sad

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 15:26:40

You might be right in that your friend is avoiding the situation but it might not be because she's insensitive, more to do with maybe not knowing what to say. Wuite often in these sorts of circumstances, people seem to shy away from talking about it thinking it is the better thing to do when in fact others can feel hurt by it - as you do.
I'm v sorry to hear about your mother and hope you can find a chance to chat to your friend to explain how you feel and see how things go.

ChilloHippi Tue 10-Nov-09 15:37:42

I think this happens a lot when someone is bereaved. Friend often don't know how to handle the situation of what to say or do, especially if bereavment isn't something they have experienced themselves.

curlygirl4 Tue 10-Nov-09 15:39:23

Thanks, it feels awful to doubt her as we have been friends along time, and maybe it makes her worry about her own mum dying? I think l will try and ring her again and talk about how l am feeling.

displayuntilbestbefore Tue 10-Nov-09 18:28:59

sounds a good idea. Your friend probably can't really imagine how you are feeling and rather than put her foot in it, is leaving you some space to come to terms with it, without realising you feel a bit abandoned!

Knickers0nMaHead Fri 13-Nov-09 09:39:43

How did you get on? Some people shy away when its a subject either close to them or something that they have never experienced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now