Talk

Advanced search

Christmas present suggestions for 18yo

(6 Posts)
laraeo Tue 10-Nov-09 15:04:25

I'm not sure where to post this. Basically my gym has a "giving tree" thingy where you can take a child's name and buy them a present - all the children are in a cancer ward.

I took a look and all the names that were left were adolescent boys. I thought, what the heck, and took the name of an 18 yo boy.

Now my problem is what the heck do I get him? I'm willing to spend @ 25 pounds (only the $$ symbol here).

I don't have a lot of time for an inspired shopping spree since my DS (21 months) hates shopping with a passion matched only by DH but I do want to get my chosen 18yo something decent and not embarrassing. Or not too embarrassing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

bogie Tue 10-Nov-09 15:06:21

try on here www.firebox.com

PictureInTheAttic Tue 10-Nov-09 15:07:33

Perhaps something knitted? That would be thoughtful.

bogie Tue 10-Nov-09 15:09:32

you can also get £20 gift cards for that site which might be good as he could choose somthing himself

laraeo Tue 10-Nov-09 19:28:03

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like the firebox site and will have a closer look at it - some of the gadgets look fun and are age appropriate.

PictureInTheAttic - if only I did knit. Or was remotely crafty blush.

I'm trying to avoid gift cards if at all possible. I don't know what the set up is like at the place all of the kids are at and I think it would be more fun to actually have something to open rather than just an envelope.

laraeo Tue 10-Nov-09 19:28:25

And can I possible use the word "fun" any more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now