Talk

Advanced search

Calling all lentil weavers! Am I the only one who's a bit cynical about Kenco's new eco packaging...

(5 Posts)
MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 09-Nov-09 15:51:12

Firstly well done to them for trying; we all need to make an effort to rub our brain cells together and re-think the way we live, so good on them for doing just that.

But in the interests of being really ecological, several questions have sprung to mind about this product:

(1) Is it 100% made from paper? If not, AFAIK any other non-glass based product will be difficult to recycle without producing nasty by-products, which sort of nullifies the '97% less packaging weight' trophy.
(2) You can send back the packaging and have it made into a bag or a book - great idea. But isn't that just encouraging production and consumption of more stuff that we just don't need?
(3) Why not just carry on doing glass bottles but change the lids to glass as well?

Maybe I'm the only one who's interested...

HinnyPet Mon 09-Nov-09 15:52:16

... and where's the decaff re-fills ...

FritesMenthe Mon 09-Nov-09 15:57:13

I saw the pouches and thought there was merit in the idea, especially as I decant into a decorative canister anyway. Will watch with interest.
As the mantra goes Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, I suppose it fits with the first aim at least.

Waitrose sell milk in pouches, maybe there is some info about their eco-credentials somewhere?

MonstrousMerryHenry Mon 09-Nov-09 15:57:20

Shall we write in and ask if they can make the bags without the tacky Kenco branding plastered all over them? grin

FritesMenthe Mon 09-Nov-09 16:19:18

Wonder how much Terracycle make flogging the products? They're not very attractive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now