Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why am i SOOOOO lazy?

(15 Posts)
colditz Fri 17-Jun-05 13:08:31

I have never met another woman as lazy as I am! I don't seem to have the energy to do anything, I really have to make myself!

Does anyone else just feel like they would like to sit on the sofa for the rest of their life?

SaintGeorge Fri 17-Jun-05 13:09:54

Not met me then colditz

Yes to the sofa, especially if it has really big fluffy cushions and a nice snuggly blanket for the chilly days

colditz Fri 17-Jun-05 13:12:21

But i neglect the housework, the dishes, everything.

It's appalling really. I just don't want to stand up sometimes. It's NOT exhaustion bcause if I have to actually move, I feel a lot more lively!

starlover Fri 17-Jun-05 13:16:25

colditz i am the same!
i have a ton of stuff to do... and it needs doing before my mum comes over later.
But i just can't be BOTHERED to drag myself off and do it

MaloryTowers Fri 17-Jun-05 13:22:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rummum Fri 17-Jun-05 13:25:20

OMG... I am just the same... I spend all my spare time on mumsnet... I have loads to do so I now set the oven timer and try to limit myself on here...

Joking aside... how do you feel in yourself... could you be anaemic, or could it be some other medical problem, do you sleep well? work long hours?

I will be interested on everyone elses tips to get moving as well....

Nbg Fri 17-Jun-05 13:27:36

Cod has her food clique...

We should have a lazy clique.

Hi my name is Nbg and I am a lazyholic

MaloryTowers Fri 17-Jun-05 13:29:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

footprint Fri 17-Jun-05 13:38:03

LOL I call myself the Queen of Lethargy when I have days like this (today is one of those days!)

colditz Fri 17-Jun-05 13:40:42

I just feel completly unmotivated.... as if having a clean house is not a good enough reason to get of my arse and clean it. I sleep like a log, at least 7 hours a night, most nights, sometimes 10!

I work late shifts in a residential home, 5 days a week, but haven't had a day off work since last wednesday. It doesn't feel like depression, cos I am perfectly happy when I'm not feeling guilty for ignoring the housework.

colditz Fri 17-Jun-05 13:41:15

First day of the monthlies today too...

nailpolish Fri 17-Jun-05 13:43:22

i could sit on the sofa for the rest of mu life but only if This Morning was on continually (mind you, could flick between that and Big Bro) and someone handed my cups of tea every once in a while

jinglybits Fri 17-Jun-05 14:58:15

thing is its all soo monotonous...housework that it has zero appeal when you know it will be the same chores to do tomorrow...except for the fear factor of things piling up out of control! much more appealing to read a mag, chat on computer, drink tea and eat biccies in any available moment! ...i'll sign up for the lazy club...is it lazies anonomous?

Ulysees Fri 17-Jun-05 15:04:24

I'm the same (see domestic slut thread) but today have had a bit more energy. I've been eating loads of fruit and seeds lately and drinking more water so maybe that's it? Usually I'm the laziest person on earth.

triceratops Fri 17-Jun-05 16:04:34

I have had to put myself on a pasta jar . I only get to buy myself a treat at the supermarket (nice bottle of wine or magazine) if I have done all the things on my list. Lazyness is addictive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now