Talk

Advanced search

Selling On Concert Tickets at Inflated Prices .......

(11 Posts)
JoolsToo Fri 17-Jun-05 12:38:26

would you call it enterprising or a rip-off?

GDG has been buying us (direct from the ticket office) tickets for Backstreet Boys .

Looking on Ebay - there are loads of tickets that quite clearly have been bought with the sole intention of selling on at massively inflated prices - do you think this practice should be outlawed or do you think its reasonable.

I'm in two minds, on the one hand I think good luck to you but I also think its a bit immoral to take £500 (sometimes less sometimes more)for £30 tickets from someone who is quite obviously a real fan or are the people who buy them at inflated prices just nuts!

starlover Fri 17-Jun-05 12:39:32

it makes me mad... because especially for small gigs, a lot of real fans can't get tickets because people are bulk buying to sell them on.
they then end up paying way over the odds for one.

SaintGeorge Fri 17-Jun-05 13:02:27

I think it's wrong but ... if the fans just stopped paying the ridiculous prices it wouldn't take long for the market in rip-off tickets to die.

More fool those who are willing to pay such silly prices IMO - concert tickets are pricey enough already.

Cam Fri 17-Jun-05 13:28:34

I've always thought it was illegal?

misdee Fri 17-Jun-05 13:29:22

i am about to lose money on 2 green day tickets.

Gwenick Fri 17-Jun-05 13:30:12

If people are going to be daft enough to pay over the odds prices for tickets, then people will keep selling them....

starlover Fri 17-Jun-05 13:30:27

cam i thought it was illegal too. i always thought you could sell them on, but only at face value...

but ebay don't seem to have a problem with it... odd

Tinker Fri 17-Jun-05 13:33:08

ebay turn a blind eye to most stuff though. Agree that bulk buying to resell is a bit off but if there are enough mugs to pay over the odds then...

Catbert Fri 17-Jun-05 13:35:49

It was on the news a couple of days ago that Ebay had agreed to remove all liveaid tickets which were being auctioned for massive prices, following pressure from Sir Bob...

Gwenick Fri 17-Jun-05 13:36:52

this

makes interesting reading (all 4 pages of it).

beatie Fri 17-Jun-05 14:08:56

It's not illegal - as long as you publish the face value of the tickets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now