Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help with girly sleepover!

(8 Posts)
jollymum Fri 17-Jun-05 07:23:38

seven 10 year old girls, sleeping over next Saturday 7pm onwards. Any brilliant mumsnet ideas to keep them happy, stop them squabbling {'cos they're girls and will!) and give me and dh a reasonably quiet night. Ideas welcome!! Thank you

lilibet Fri 17-Jun-05 08:05:13

Fill the time, if they are kept occupied, they won't have time to argue. What have you got planned? I would suggest video, food, perhaps some games (trying to remember what dd loved at that age} like twister or dd had a spin the bottle type game (not that sort!!)

Will think at work today

bumptobabies Fri 17-Jun-05 08:07:35

brave old you,i did this for my dd last year.
we let them make their own pizzas followed by cookies,then sent them upstairs to make up some kind of show for us ie dance routine.after they had done this it was 8 so it was time to get washed and ready for bed so they watched a video to wind down to a couple of hours of whispering followed which is why i started the winding down procces early they were out cold by 11.hth

QueenEagle Fri 17-Jun-05 08:10:23

My dd loves sleepovers!

A suitable video/dvd always goes down well with a pizza and finger foods. Chocolate at midnight is an absolute must!

Get them to do face packs, manicure/predicure, nail varnish on each other, straighten each others hair and do a make-up beauty session. Just don't let them do what my dd did and let them pluck each others eye brows for goodness sake!!

bumptobabies Fri 17-Jun-05 09:23:24

queen e can i come to your sleepover pleeese.
i must be a boring old hag

jollymum Fri 17-Jun-05 13:06:12

Thanks ladies. I'll check with my dd about the ideas

QueenEagle Fri 17-Jun-05 18:43:29

Oh and it's compulsory to have whispering and giggling going on til at least midnight.

jollymum Fri 17-Jun-05 21:08:13

Bumpity bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now