Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A RANT ABOUT NAME CHANGING TROLLS - SORRY

(188 Posts)
HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 20:54:40

Itt really pisses me off when people change there names just to be bitchy.

If you stand by your opinon, then have the decency to use your own name.

otherwise keep you thoughts to yourself.

Lonelymum Wed 15-Jun-05 20:57:35

Who has done this recently? Have I missed another row?

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 20:59:28

Just in general.

They are pathetic and ought to have the courage of there convictions to use there own name.

LGJ Wed 15-Jun-05 20:59:48

Lou needs propping up on the propping up thread and the usual quota of faceless people have crawled out from under rocks to push their Bree' esque vision of the world.

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 21:02:23

They just get me sooo mad.

Maybe im just over sensitive recently but i cant understand the mentality behind it. They are cowards

LGJ Wed 15-Jun-05 21:03:19

So are we in agreement we just Jonny Boden them ??

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 21:05:11

Ive agreed with everything you've said about trolls

but i have no idea what a jonny boden is lol

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 21:07:00

but dont you realise that starting these kinds of threads just helps to keep the negative vibes alive...

Louise1980 Wed 15-Jun-05 21:07:19

I agree with you HH. It like talking about people behind their backs. If you rnt man enough to say it then JUST DONT!!!!!

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 21:07:28

I dont care

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 21:07:55

at least i havent changed my name to do it

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 21:08:43

oh so what if people change their names

mumsnet are banning it soon anyway

Louise1980 Wed 15-Jun-05 21:08:54

I thought there was a thread about stopping name changing?

charleepeters Wed 15-Jun-05 21:09:34

i can understand people changing there names if there embarrased about things, but to be mean what the point if you aint got the balls to say it as yourself dont say it at all i say!

Lonelymum Wed 15-Jun-05 21:09:43

I have just had a bit of a glance at that thread and know I have nothing to lose so just want to say that I think you are being harsh towards people who are simply expressing a different opinion. Look at the reaction they got when they did! Is that really simply because they hid behind a false name? I don't think so. I agree with you when people change their name to be nasty, but I don't think these people are doing it for that reason. The only mistake I think they have made is perhaps expressing an opinion about someone's relationship when they don't know much about it. For that reason, I wouldn't post under my name or any other, but I really don't think it that particular instance, they were changing their names to be nasty. Sorry. Give me credit. I haven't (and wouldn't) changed my name to write this.

helsi Wed 15-Jun-05 21:10:07

I don't understand about name changing either. No-one knows me personally (maybe just a couple) and we have nicknames to be anonymous.

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 21:10:14

"say it as yourself" lol

we are all figments of the mumsnet hive mind anyway

FairyMum Wed 15-Jun-05 21:10:38

Yes, but it won't help as all you need is to create a few different nick names. You can have one nice nick and one nasty nick. Not that I'd do it as I am always honest anyway and at least I am under my own nick!

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 21:11:05

i couldnt give two hoots

its the sentiment not the poster that matters

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 21:11:43

Its a combination of things that have got me so pissed off, not just tonight.

I just think they're sad little losers who havent got the decency to use there own names

Gwenick Wed 15-Jun-05 21:12:17

Yes, but it won't help as all you need is to create a few different nick names. You can have one nice nick and one nasty nick.

But posting styles are recognisable - with a small amount of 'detection' it would be easy to spot who the 'nasty' ones were - and if someone is being 'nasty' them MN HQ can sort it out

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 21:12:39

errrrrrrrrr 'their own names'?

Enid is most definitely not my real name

cod Wed 15-Jun-05 21:14:14

Message withdrawn

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 21:14:36

you know what i mean about 'their names'

theres no need to be picky

Pruni Wed 15-Jun-05 21:15:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now