Talk

Advanced search

Basically - had a sh****y day - bumped the car, didn't get job

(5 Posts)
thedogmother Wed 15-Jun-05 20:40:59

Yep, shit shit shit.

This morning, on the school run, bit distracted thinking about an interview I was to have this afternoon, basically ran into another car. Totally my fault I guess, although (stupid cow), appeared to pull over to the left, before then deciding to indicate and turn right. Oh well, no-one was hurt, except my pride (oh my no-claims-bonus, thank god it's protected).

Then, didn't do so well in the task part of my interview (for school secretary), I was a bit nervous and wasn't typing well, interviewed well (apparently), but was "pipped at the post by another lady whose presentation was slightly better than mine". Bugger bugger bugger. Really wanted this job. Got to start over again now.

Oh well. Gonna go have a nice soak and a glass of wine. Tomorrow's another day.

mogwai Wed 15-Jun-05 20:45:42

nice positive mental attitude.

But you know you need chocolate..........

Lonelymum Wed 15-Jun-05 20:45:50

Sympathies. I drove into a parked motorbike the other day - it knocks your confidence, doesn't it? (as well as making you feel stupid). There will be another job interview soon - put it down to experience!

thedogmother Wed 15-Jun-05 20:51:08

Yeh, wine and chocolate.

I did just feel stupid. There was absolutely no damage to my car whatsoever, and a dent in the driver's door of the other, quite new, Citroen C3. No doubt it will cost a few hundred £ to repair though!

I just feel a bit at myself about it though, and about the job, feel I could have done better in the task. It would have made me feel better about the bump had I got the job of course.

Blu Wed 15-Jun-05 20:59:15

Oh, bad lluck. enjoy the wine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now