Talk

Advanced search

The learning to drive thread (that means you as well Northener)

(85 Posts)
oliveoil Wed 15-Jun-05 14:15:03

Right. Have got my form for my provisional. Although I do have one from eons ago, with the wrong address on.

Anyone else?

Come on, I can not be the only biddy not able to drive.

Chop chop.

MarsLady Wed 15-Jun-05 14:15:39

Me either!

oliveoil Wed 15-Jun-05 14:16:37

Down to the PO with you my dear, chop chop.

Fimbo Wed 15-Jun-05 14:16:45

I can't, but I am taking lessons........

Gwenick Wed 15-Jun-05 14:16:59

Got my provisional, had some lessons last year (was doing reasonablly well too) but had to stop due to financial reasons.......do intend to start learning again at some point (hopefully in the not too distant future).

So am I eligible to join this clique????

oliveoil Wed 15-Jun-05 14:17:17

oooh, how many and is it as crap as I remember?

MarsLady Wed 15-Jun-05 14:18:04

I know, I know. And with 5 children I really ought to!

oliveoil Wed 15-Jun-05 14:18:41

Clique is open, but only to non drivers, don't want non of them driver riff raff in.

How many lessons do you have to have?

Gwenick Wed 15-Jun-05 14:20:54

cool - I had about 3 months of lesson - 1 x 1hr lesson a week. Had done 'covered' most of things I needed to know (failed my theory test by one miserable point......got full marks in the 'theory' bit but failed the 'hazards' (can't remember what it's called) bit by one point.

But in my defence, I was COMPLETELY distracted in that the clips on my ones were all of Bedford - where I lived for MANY years and still have friends living - so it was like.........ooo there's a hazard, click, "oh so and so lives there" - oops missed the next hazard etc etc

gaelsgirl Wed 15-Jun-05 14:23:03

i can learn to drive at the end of nov if i stay fit free ( fingers crossed)

Fimbo Wed 15-Jun-05 14:23:21

God I must be crap then, I started lessons in January (haven't done end since about 3rd week in May due to instructors hols/half term etc) but I have not even got on to reversing yet!! You must be good Gwenick.

Fimbo Wed 15-Jun-05 14:23:59

Oops end should be any

oliveoil Wed 15-Jun-05 14:24:06

I had about 4 months of lessons when preg with dd1 (who is now 2 and a half......) but gave up when my bump got too big.

nutcracker Wed 15-Jun-05 14:24:18

Me too. Have put half the money for my provisional up this month, and will send for it next month.

Not sure whats happening about lessons at the mo but it will probably just be dp teaching me at first.

northerner Wed 15-Jun-05 14:29:32

PMSL OliveOil at this thread.

I have my provisional license, and will discuss with dh the possibility of starting up lessons again.

Must confess to failing 3 tests

HappyHuggy Wed 15-Jun-05 14:36:53

Am sending off for my provisional!!!

am hoping to learn to drive really quickly, its driving me mad having to drag the double buggy everywhere!!!!

Evesmama Wed 15-Jun-05 15:05:12

putting in for my 5th test as soon as instructer gets back from hols

Kelly1978 Wed 15-Jun-05 17:09:32

Oooh can I join the clique too!

I've had 4 lessons now, and only up to left and right turns. I'm desperate to learn, got our nice shiny car sitting outside, and dragging four kids on public transport is no fun.

How on earth do you manage transport with 5, ML?

giraffeski Wed 15-Jun-05 17:51:09

Message withdrawn

Loobie Wed 15-Jun-05 19:25:59

Well i just failed my 3rd driving test on monday having had lessons for a year now .
in my defence though there have been holidays for both myself and the instructor in that time.
Was gonna give up but this last test was my closest yet with only 5 minors and t big faults so will go again me thinks!!

Kelly1978 Thu 16-Jun-05 12:16:57

aww sorry loobie. better lcuk next time.

Anyone been watching mirror, signal, manuever on BBC 1 at 9.15am? I'm hoping to pick up tips.

beansmum Thu 16-Jun-05 12:29:36

I can't drive, was hoping to learn this summer but there is no way I can afford it, plus don't know what I would do with ds while i was having lessons. hmmm. any ideas?

Titania Thu 16-Jun-05 12:32:14

hello!!! i have failed my test 3 times so far. last time i did my test was 6 years ago. Have had 3 driving lessons so far! Said Im doing really well considering I've not driven for so long.

Kelly1978 Thu 16-Jun-05 13:24:44

beansmum - is there a mr bean to look after him? I have to have lessons at weekends and eves only. Frustrating cos it means I can only usually get one in a week. The expense put me off for years, just got no choice now.
titania, good to hear you're doing well. do u have to start from scratch again?

misdee Thu 16-Jun-05 13:26:04

i'm having lessons, can i join?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: