Talk

Advanced search

asked to be a godmother to twin....argh!

(10 Posts)
bonnyb1 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:08:54

An old friend has asked me to be godmother to one of her twin baby boys (about 6 mths).
What is the present buying etiquette here? Do I get a gift for both children or just the one I am being god parent for?
Also any ideas on what to get? No useless silver stuff or winnie the pooh smile

I think you need to get a present for both. If you were going to a christening not as a Godparent you would still buy a present. I suppose it doesn't have to be as good a present, but I'd get them both the same.

I got my Godson a really nice, hardback copy of Aesop's Fables.

HolidaysQueen Thu 29-Oct-09 13:13:17

I'd get a lovely, special gift for the twin you are godmother for, and then something small for the other twin.

I bought my goddaughter a beautiful pink leather passport cover. I wanted something to last that she would have for many years, and as her parents are foreign I knew she would be travelling a lot.

A lovely book such as an atlas or dictionary or collection of fairytales is a good idea too.

A posh photo album that you can add photos of you and him to as he grows bigger so he has a record of your relationship and the fun things you have done together.

A back issue of a newspaper from the day he was born, or for his christening day.

flowerybeanbag Thu 29-Oct-09 13:14:24

What Stripey said - if you were just going to a christening not as a godparent you'd get a present anyway, so yes get one for both. And may as well get the same present to be fair, even though you're only godmother to one.

bonnyb1 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:19:14

thanks, there are some really nice ideas. Just have to worry about outfits for me, 2 kids and DH now!

bonnyb1 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:21:06

where would I get a back issue of a newspaper from do you know HolidaysQueen?

HolidaysQueen Thu 29-Oct-09 13:22:33

not sure but think you can order direct from newspaper.

Aimsmum Thu 29-Oct-09 13:23:16

Message withdrawn

bonnyb1 Thu 29-Oct-09 13:27:33

gosh dilemma is not as bad as triplets with DH on board too! Like the newspaper idea but not sure what paper they read (the parents that is), suppose the daily star is not suitable? wink

Doodleydoo Thu 29-Oct-09 13:34:49

Just an idea - but how about taking a really lovely photo on the day of the twins, and getting all guests to sign a mount to put it in a photo frame. Then you can get a "joint" present for them both if nice frame and a lovely book for the one that is your gs? then you can persoalise the book from you all and it is something that they can both enjoy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now