Talk

Advanced search

I feel under pressure to have more to do with my daughters school friend who lives down the road.

(4 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Tue 27-Oct-09 16:21:12

Hi, last year one of my daughters school friend moved in down 3 doors down from us. The little girls parents are so different from me and my husband although we do have a laugh together, I never really feel comfortable around the mum. She is absoluitly immaculate, designer clothes, and an immaculate minimalist house.
The first time we came to see them in their new house, her daughter aged 4 yelled at my daughter as soon as she came in, shouting "take you're shoes off!!!" this made my daughter cry, as she is very sensitive and was a bit shy back then.
Anyway, the little girl is very bright and precosious but not very caring or sensitive to other peoples feelings eg not letting my daughter have a turn on her bike, asking me "why can't she do X" then saying "I'm very good at X".
They do enjoy playing together, as they are both only children.
We don't meet up very often, as they work FT and their daughter has an activity most days after school. (mine is in bed for 6:30) She needs a lot of sleep. I work nights and usually every other weekend, and the little girl goes away every other weekend to see her real Dad.
I do feel under pressure to meet up more than we do, as the mum keeps comming out whith things like "You'd never think we lived so neer to each other" and "don't you live in you're house, you're never in".
Should I try to make a conceous effort to meet up more? to be honest, I'm not that sociable. I know I should make the most of my daughter having a friend down the road of the same age.
I just don't like feeling under pressure. I just wan't an easy life.
What should I do?

mummyloveslucy Tue 27-Oct-09 17:46:58

Bump. smile

piscesmoon Tue 27-Oct-09 17:58:54

If they play well together I would invite the DD round without her mum and hope that she will do the same.

mummyloveslucy Tue 27-Oct-09 18:02:04

We are having a little halloween party for our daughter on friday and I've left a message inviting the little girl. I'm not sure if the parents will come with her or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now