Talk

Advanced search

Molloscum

(8 Posts)
dougal2705 Tue 27-Oct-09 10:39:23

Hi There, Im new to this so i apologize if i have put this in the wrong place. I was wondering if any of you out there have come across Molloscum, they are wart like little pinks lumps normally found on the stomach area in children. My little girl has had them for months and months and they are now spreading. Does anybody have any advice please?

Earlybird Tue 27-Oct-09 11:18:46

DD has them (just a few around her knees), and we were told by doctors in the USA and UK that there was nothing to be done other than wait for them to go - which they will, eventually.

An Australian friend gave me a little pot of cream called Thuja (I think) and said to rub a bit on each molluscum everyday. It really is working and the bumps are almost gone.

See if you can order some online, or if you have any way of having some sent/brought to you. I don't think it is a miracle cream, but it is the only thing I know of that makes a difference.

helenabeth Tue 27-Oct-09 13:33:21

Both DSs have had them - the second much worse than the first - all over his back in particular. A few seemed to get 'heads' so we squeezed them. This caused him no pain and seemed to reduce any inflammation. But then, as with DS1, they just went after a few months. Beware tho - the ones we tampered with are the ones that seem to have left scars. FWIW we tried nettle soap and for DS1 this may have sped up the process.

GrimmaTheNome Tue 27-Oct-09 13:37:00

I think most of us who've had kids who do swimming lessons will have come across molluscum.

It is harmless and will eventually go - may take over a year but it will go. Its more or less a normal part of childhood nowadays.

buttercupmum Tue 27-Oct-09 13:39:30

DS1 had them and they lasted for nearly 2 years, which is what the GP had predicted... his were all around the tops of his legs. i thought DS2 had them - they were on his back but they didn't last long at all, so i wasn't sure.... personally i'm a 'leave well alone' person, i'd put a recommended cream on if they were irritating but i'd never pick/squeeze.

apparently there are a lot more children getting them? i read this somewhere! and i have no idea if/why children get them and not adults....?

DeathbySummerfruit Tue 27-Oct-09 13:51:10

My dd has it, I do left it alone most of the time but the other day she had one next to her anus, very unconfortable and with a white head, I had to do something blush

cornsilk Tue 27-Oct-09 13:55:22

My ds's have both had them, I left them and they went eventually. Posters on here have recommended Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream.

Seona1973 Tue 27-Oct-09 17:44:55

do a search on childrens health and you will find loads of posts and tips on what might (or might not!) work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now