Talk

Advanced search

DH being an arse........tempted not to do any work..........

(4 Posts)
Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 19:59:27

Basically he's come home, I've told him about DS1 being sick (thread somewhere on the "health" topic), then told him about how DS2 has his ball "Confiscated" (my wording) by the teacher at the induction day, he threw it into the circle of kids at snack time, she turned round and saw it before I had a chance to run and get it didn't know who it belonged to so put it on the shelf 'for now'. Seeing as though it was in a 'school' setting I thought that confiscate would be a 'fun' way to describe it - and he got all arsey saying "oh well it wasn't confiscated really was it" "you mean he just lost it" etc etc etc.

I've taken the hump with him as I've had DS1 being grumpy and miserable all day and REALLY not in the mood for people being pernickety.

Thing is I'm now sorely tempted not to do any work tonight.......which would annoy him. But on the other hand I want to do some work as I'm enjoying my role in the business...........

Now what to do!!!

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jun-05 20:06:26

Tell him the dinner's in the dog and go and do your work!

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 20:09:03

LOL CD - I have been known on occassion to 'walk out' (for a 30 minute 'breather' - not actually leave him!) in the midst of cooking dinner, or even better just BEFORE I cook dinner......unfortunatley EVERY time I've done that's he simply ordered a takeaway and sat there and scoffed it in front of me later.......and I've already cooked the dinner

Gwenick Tue 14-Jun-05 20:27:34

B*gger b*gger b*gger - looks like I'll be doing some work after all - he's just come up, given me a big hug and a kiss and said "sorry for interrogating you" - big wuss that I am then said sorry for getting arsey with him........ (but I did tell him that I thought my wording was the 'best' in this situation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now