Talk

Advanced search

Suck Suck Suck

(5 Posts)
Nikaleeona Tue 14-Jun-05 16:54:14

MY 9 week old daughter wont sleep on her own,=. She is constantly full of wind and ends up falling asleep on me while trying to bring up wind. The only problem is just as shes dozing off she starts trying o suck on anything and everything that she can get hold of and so ends up waking herself up which then starts her screaming again. I really would like to avoid using a dummy so if anyone has any suggestions then please help!

beetroot Tue 14-Jun-05 17:07:45

Message withdrawn

FIMAC1 Tue 14-Jun-05 18:31:45

My dd was like this and we ended up taking her to a Cranial Osteopath (she was 5 by the time we went!) Search on Parenting in Mumsnet and Cranial Osteopathy as I will only be repeating myself otherwise - there was quite a long thread on it

Did you dd have an assisted (Ventouse or Forceps) or difficult delivery by any chance?

Nikaleeona Wed 15-Jun-05 13:34:42

Dummy's are difficult to get rid of and once you've started one then people get tempted to just give it all the time. i had a normal delivery without pain relief although i was put on a drip to speed up the contractions.

bambino1 Wed 15-Jun-05 16:42:45

My daughter had a dummy till she was 4 months then all of a sudden didn't want it anymore. As long as you don't use them constantly and just for that time of the day then you should be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now