Talk

Advanced search

Feeling quite cosy listening to the wind howl down the chimney...

(11 Posts)
MrsArchieTheInventor Sun 25-Oct-09 01:33:14

...two kids snuggled up in bed, DP in bed early with 'the flu' and knowing that even though the clock on my laptop says 01.33 it's really 00.33!

It's bloody stormy outside! I'll be waking up in Kansas at this rate!

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 25-Oct-09 01:35:19

Stormy here too.

See you in Kansas.

ZippysMum Sun 25-Oct-09 01:36:58

Hi MrsA,

I was just thinking the same! I'm curled up on the sofa in the nursery feeding one of my twin boys. We live a mile from the North Cornish coast and can see the sea - on nights like tonight I look at the ships' lights out on the sea and feel so pleased to be here and not out there!

Hope you have a great night's sleep smile

ZippysMum Sun 25-Oct-09 01:38:48

Stray apostrophe? I've never really cracked that apostrophe malarkey. Might spend some time with the pedants in their corner one of these days sorting it out!

LeninGhoul Sun 25-Oct-09 01:39:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZippysMum Sun 25-Oct-09 01:45:01

You must drop by next time you're in our neck of the woods, Lenin! yes, everywhere's a long way from here - We're right down near Lands End and it always seems to surprise delivery drivers how very l o n g Cornwall is!

PumpkinsCantDanceTheTango Sun 25-Oct-09 01:55:44

Same, have opened the window because am too hot but worried I might fly out it!

MrsArchieTheInventor Sun 25-Oct-09 01:59:45

Daren't open the windows 'cos I'm scared we'll take off! There's an awful howlling noise when I open the bedroom windows so when it's this windy I usually keep them closed and suffer a stuffy bedroom.

When the previous owners had double glazing put in they didn't get the guttering sealed off at the ends which I think has encouraged birds to nest in it and wind to howl through it.

ShinyAndNew Sun 25-Oct-09 01:09:21

V windy up north too. I'm not quite sure whether living opposite a park with very high trees was such a good idea after all hmm

Otoh, the windows in my old house would have probably blown through by now and we have a nice cosy open fire.

Still concerned about the trees though.

PumpkinsCantDanceTheTango Sun 25-Oct-09 02:48:12

Seems to have quietened down here, still wide awake though...

Tortington Sun 25-Oct-09 02:56:02

im afraid of that noise. seriously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now