Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

should I get a brand new Renault Clio 1.2. Will it accelerate enough?

(10 Posts)
breastsofjordan Thu 22-Oct-09 14:46:00

Thinking of going for it as excellent price. Friends putting me off saying need a bigger engine.
Will need to do a bit of motorway driving but generally a runaround.

MerryWifeOfWindsor Thu 22-Oct-09 14:48:19

It'll be fine. Check out www.parkers.co.uk. 1.2 will be nippy enough (petrol?), I drive fiat 500 on my lessons, now that is slow, but can just about manage to get up to speed for dual carrigeways.

MerryWifeOfWindsor Thu 22-Oct-09 14:49:44

Although, don't be lured into buying a new car if you don't specifically want one - usually even a year old has a massive discount and for less money you can get a better model/car (usually)

eyetunes Thu 22-Oct-09 14:50:35

It will be fine if you have a group of people running along behind pushing for England grin

Lilymaid Thu 22-Oct-09 14:51:37

I think that all the current Clio 1.2s have 16v engines and are quite nippy (old base models had 8v engines and were not nearly as nippy).

breastsofjordan Thu 22-Oct-09 14:53:03

OH no eyetunes. I think I believe you.

The new Clio is £7777. There are nearly new ones costing nearly that. This is why I'm tempted. Will have to wait till Jan to get it tho.'

WallyDoodle Thu 22-Oct-09 14:53:21

You don't need a big engine for a run-around, just look at all the Fiat 500s around now. If you are worried and if it is brand new you can add the Turbo option for about £600.

breastsofjordan Thu 22-Oct-09 14:53:41

Thanks Lilymaid. that's reassuring.

eyetunes Thu 22-Oct-09 14:55:06

Take no notice of me, i am talking bolleaux.

I think they are a very popular car and nippy too from what my friends say.

LIZS Thu 22-Oct-09 19:51:39

I've got a 2004 1.2 16v and have no real problem with acceleration even up a long incline and comfortable at 60+ on motorways. Whether it is the most reliable and best value is matter of opinion hmm Renault are launching a restyled version, a bit bigger too, so that may be why this one is relatively cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now