Talk

Advanced search

I need to buy a new camera, mine is about 400 years old, can anyone recommend a brand or model, or a particular shop or website that's good value for money?

(12 Posts)
MadreInglese Mon 19-Oct-09 14:13:25

I have an ancient digital camera with a ten second pause between pushing the button and taking the picture, it's also really bulky and the batteries last about 5 minutes.

I really need to get a new one, was hoping to spend under £100, is that realistic? I don't need any snazzy clever face-recognition-anti-motion-sickness blurb, just something small and neat and nippy that takes good pics and has a decent memory size.

Does anyone have any tips before I go to be ripped off advised in the shops?

MadreInglese Mon 19-Oct-09 15:31:09

What's the difference betwen Digital and Digital SLR (apart from about £300?)

this one looks quite simple, does anyone have one of these?

or this one?

RubyBooBerry Mon 19-Oct-09 19:56:55

bumping cos I want one too!

blowbroth Mon 19-Oct-09 20:12:19

I have a samsung 10 mega pixels which I bought about a year ago. this looks quite good. One thing I would advice is get a camera with a rechargeable battery which this has.
If your budget can stretch then this looks a bargain!

RockinSockBunnies Mon 19-Oct-09 20:31:48

I'd avoid any cameras that use AA batteries, rather than having an internal one that can be charged. The batteries always have the energy drained from them in a matter of minutes.

I have this SLR here though with a slightly different lens and it's amazing. SLR's are essentially slightly more complex in terms of being able to set shutter speeds, aperture etc.

I think Amazon has a greater range than Comet and there are some really good cameras on there like this one

MadreInglese Tue 20-Oct-09 08:57:56

Great, thanks for those tips

So I reckon I need at least 10 megapixels and rechargable batteries, and a decent memory size

Hadn't thought of amazon actually, will have a look there too

Have checked the which report and looks like fujifilm and samsung are good brands to go for

blowbroth Tue 20-Oct-09 20:15:46

I definately would recommend samsung!

RubyBooBerry Tue 20-Oct-09 21:21:59

Which one are you going to get MadreInglese? Did you pay for the Which report? I did think of it! But thought I'd ask you first grin

Hulababy Tue 20-Oct-09 21:23:18

I have a Canon Ixus and have been really pleased witht hem.

MadreInglese Thu 22-Oct-09 13:28:10

My mum gets the which report so I had a peek

Haven't bought one yet - off into town Saturday

There's just toooo many to choose from!

RubyBooBerry Fri 23-Oct-09 18:02:48

I know!! I'm now looking at a super duper mobile phone that has a fab camera, which makes more sense as I would have the phone with me at all times .... hence I take over 1000 pics in a year!

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 24-Oct-09 19:31:46

I had great service from www.buyacamera.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now