Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you like to invent?

(14 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Sat 11-Jun-05 10:14:44

Had this conversation with friends last night.

I have decided that I would like to invent an umbrella that attaches to a pushchair/pram for us. We always get soaked pushing them when it's raining. The kids have their raincovers - why shouldn't we have something.

My friend suggested a doorbell with an answer machine on it. "Ding Dong! Sorry we aren't in at the moment but please leave your name, the time you called and a message and I'll contact you later!"

Louise1980 Sat 11-Jun-05 10:17:33

Sparkler you can actually get an umberalla that clips on to the buggy. Its designed for wheelchairs butnIm assuming it would work the same.

Personally IM very ambitious and would like a remote for men and kids. With buttons for volume, and behaviour. The one for men would have one to put the kids to bed. Go to sleep n leave me alone tonight, get the lawn cut etc.

Orders please!!!

MarsLady Sat 11-Jun-05 10:18:42

I'll have 3 please Louise

Louise1980 Sat 11-Jun-05 10:21:05

Any special requests for buttons mars?

SaintGeorge Sat 11-Jun-05 11:28:57

Sparkler - Betterware do the umbrella £7.99

SPARKLER1 Sat 11-Jun-05 11:30:06

Thanks Louise and SaintGeorge. Ah well - looks like my money scheme is out of the window then.

MarsLady Sat 11-Jun-05 11:31:26

Louise could I have the leave me alone and go to sleep button please? Extra large!

nutcracker Sat 11-Jun-05 11:33:26

I want an automatic STOP YOU HAVE DRUNK TOO MUCH button if anyones got one.

SaintGeorge Sat 11-Jun-05 11:34:45

And look what I found

SPARKLER1 Sat 11-Jun-05 11:41:21

Fantastic - anything with the word chocolate is good in my book!

Fran1 Sat 11-Jun-05 12:43:45

A snot collector for young children, so i don't have to spend all day trying to wipe their noses.

I envisage some sort of bucket that hangs over their head and the bucket sits just below the nostrils.

Obviously i think the design may need a bit of tweaking!

nightowl Sat 11-Jun-05 12:52:29

pmsl at "snot collector"!!

i want a changable sign on my front door (you know, like public toilets vacant/occupied)

with the following options:

"no ds is not playing now, in five minutes, in ten minutes..or indeed any time tonight, do not keep asking"

"i have a migraine, do not make any noise around my house or i will run you down the garden with the hose"

"i have just gotten back from work, am checking post..please wait more than 30 seconds before calling for ds"

"no door to door salesmen-ever"

"on toilet, please leave me in peace for 30 mins"

"just back from shopping, give me half an hour to put it away please"

"bathing baby-i cannot come to door, please do not keep repeatedly banging it"

"im having a bad day neighbour, i dont want a coffee, i dont even want to talk to anyone at all"

it would save so much time dont you think?

Fran1 Sat 11-Jun-05 13:22:48

LOL nightowl, i'm envious, i don't have that much activity at my front door!!

nightowl Sat 11-Jun-05 13:33:33

fran, please feel free to accept some of my activity...theres far too much grrrrrrrrr.

how selfish of them when i want to sit here typing eh???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now