Talk

Advanced search

DD came home from nursery this evening saying....

(8 Posts)
TheVillageIdiot Fri 10-Jun-05 21:17:39

That x is moving on, that she's leaving to live with her grandma... and that they saang a sad song, a very sad song.

But she won't sing the song for me or tell me any details. She has bought this up several times this evening and seems quite distrubed by it.

She's almost 3, do you think it's a bit of imagination. I can't make out what's what - half of me is concerned the other just dying to know.

LGJ Fri 10-Jun-05 21:22:44

I would be freaking

And if it is true, how dare Nursery do that to them.

Was it ............

So long farewell, we hate to see you go.........

But on reflection that is too grown up for a nursery song.

Can you phone any other mothers ??

Hulababy Fri 10-Jun-05 21:24:05

Can you ask at nursery on Monday?
Or, if you know other mums, ask them over weekend?

Twiglett Fri 10-Jun-05 21:27:09

do you know any other mothers who's kids go to that nursery you could call to ask what the song is

Twiglett Fri 10-Jun-05 21:27:26

sorry .. what hula said

TheVillageIdiot Sun 12-Jun-05 19:58:19

Sorry I haven't had chance to get on since my lat post here, I loggd off to comfort lots of tears about x leaving. DD was trying not to cry but kept saying "I don't want litte x to go, I love little x". Was quite heart breaking. I don't know any of the other mums but I am definietly going to speak to mursery on tomorrow!

SofiaAmes Sun 12-Jun-05 22:43:22

My dd (2.5) starts crying anytime we leave anyone she is close to, even it it's only for 5 minutes to go run an errand. She says things like, "but I don't want Uncle to leave, I love him so much" and then bawls her eyes out. However, she also has much the same reaction about our car when I leave it in a car park, so I think she probably doesn't quite realize that her reaction is out of proportion. I just try to reassure her that everything will be ok and that Uncle (or the car) will be back soon.

TheVillageIdiot Mon 13-Jun-05 09:40:42

I passed comment at nursery today and indeed 'little x' (little x has the same name as dd - she is 'big x') has left the family have moved somewhere quite far away to where her grandma lives. dd was a little upset again this morning but much better, she talked about it quite a lot over the weekend which probably help. We decided that little x would be having a lovely time just like dd does when she stays at nanas for a little holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now