Talk

Advanced search

Barbie and the 1001 death rituals (aka killing two birds with one stone)....

(6 Posts)
QueenOfFrighteningEveryone Thu 08-Oct-09 21:46:09

DD (6) is HE and has been v interested in Ancient Egypt of late.

So we set about mummifying Barbie - anointing, salting, removing plasticine innards and interring in canopic jars, making a sarcophagus, the lot.

So DD learns plenty, and we rid the house of one piece of over-engineered unrealistically shaped bit of plastic tat.

Next, sky burials, and then maybe pushing Barbie out to sea on a burning boat.... further suggestions welcome!

<<rubs hands>>

<<cackles>>

robino Thu 08-Oct-09 21:49:29

Excellent! I shall bear this in mind when one or both of the DDs are bought a Barbie (as they inevitably will) by an unthinking relative. Can't stand the things grin

RubyBooBerry Thu 08-Oct-09 21:49:40

lol! love it! grin

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 09-Oct-09 07:52:37

You've missed out the buddist cremation, hindu cremation, muslim burial and zoroastrian tower of silence.
Our dd had 24 barbies when we left thailand, i'd never bought her a single one. it never occured to me that their disposal could be educational, they all went to an orphanage.

mangosTrickyrice Fri 09-Oct-09 07:57:55

Brilliant

Cremation might be a bit carcinogenic though, maybe focus on burial rituals... sorry, this is not my area of expertise!

barbie1 Fri 09-Oct-09 08:00:31

shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now