Talk

Advanced search

DS (3 1/2) seems to be turning from an inny to an outy.... is that normal?!?!?

(6 Posts)
FlameWithTooManyHormones Tue 06-Oct-09 20:13:14

I kind of thought that unless you were pregnant, once an inny or outy belly button, always the same.

Is it normal to change after 3 years?

It has always been very much in, and now it is looking more like my 9 month pregnant pushed out one (rather than a complete outy iyswim)

If it isn't normal, should I check he hasn't got some weirdy stomach issue?

(Never thought I would be worried about a belly button changing.... hmm)

Littlefish Tue 06-Oct-09 20:27:11

I would get it checked out at the GPs.

FlameWithTooManyHormones Tue 06-Oct-09 20:54:13

ooh I was expecting a "yes its normal, you're being insane" reply blush

Littlefish Tue 06-Oct-09 21:07:09

I think that any physical changes are worth exploring. The only reason I can think of a belly button changing, is a hernia around it. That's why I suggested getting it checked out. Sorry. (I'm not a medical person at all - I just remember seeing something about it in "embarrassing bodies"!)

FlameWithTooManyHormones Tue 06-Oct-09 21:45:48

I was thinking hernia, or then the very irrational part thinking about those people who discover they have tennis ball sized tumours blush

littlestarschildminding Wed 07-Oct-09 19:41:13

Has he put on any weight recently? I have an inny but when I get fat it turns to an outy blush Can't believe I am posting this on a public forum!!

Prob nothing to worry about...does he appear healthy and happy? Is he complaining about his tummy? Is it sore? But having said that if you are worried it would do no harm to check it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now