Talk

Advanced search

Chilli hamper for BIL's birthday

(7 Posts)
GoldenSnitch Tue 06-Oct-09 16:33:18

BIL is a big chilli fan so last year I made him a "chilli hamper" - basically a nice box full of everything chilli related I could find - Chilli crisps, chilli noodles, chilli smoked fish, chilli crackers, chocolate chilli sauce, a chilli grinder, some dried chillies etc...

My SIL says he loved it and when I asked if she had any suggestions for this years present, she immediately suggested another chilli hamper - only easy on the chilli chocolate sauce this year as he still has some left.

I don't want to do the same thing over again so I need some new ideas for things to go in this years hamper...does anyone have any suggestions?

They already grow chilli plants and I would like to include some more unusual chilli products (last year he had chilli, chocolate and lime and chilli, chocolate and cranberry dessert sauces) but being as I am allergic to chilli and can't eat it, I've not got a lot of experience of what's out there.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

TIA

GoldenSnitch Tue 06-Oct-09 18:07:37

anyone?

giddykipper Tue 06-Oct-09 18:09:00

I've just found this if it helps with ideas?

QueenOfFrighteningEveryone Tue 06-Oct-09 18:09:16

Dark chocolate with chilli?

GoldenSnitch Tue 06-Oct-09 18:09:52

Ooh, Thank you giddykipper, that's fab grin

janeite Tue 06-Oct-09 18:27:22

Chilli vodka?
Harissa paste?
Thai chilli sauce?
Or go for a 'spice' theme, rather than just chilli and put in things like sumac and vanilla pods etc.

GoldenSnitch Tue 06-Oct-09 20:43:13

Chilli vodka is a good idea janeite.

BIL is a chilli addict so while adding other spices is a good idea, I think he'd prefer full on chilli.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now