Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

radio 4 now- how thrifty are you?

(10 Posts)
sorrel Thu 09-Jun-05 12:49:31

don't think i am particularly good at being thrifty, but i do shop for bargains and don't have any credit cards. We certainly don't live a meagre life, unlike my granny who could make 40 meringues out of one egg!(wartime recipe!)

anteater Thu 09-Jun-05 13:24:54

Thought JoolsToo was going to be interviewed..

expatinscotland Thu 09-Jun-05 13:25:54

Being poor makes you super thrifty! I used to never use coupons or vouchers or ask for discounts. I do now!

ninah Thu 09-Jun-05 13:26:19

are you thrify JoolsToo?
you were driving a rather flash car the other night ...
I LOVE a bargain

ninah Thu 09-Jun-05 13:27:38

actually it surprises me how thrifty quite rich pple are, expat. That's how they stay that way I guess. I used to have a landlady with properties all over the place and she was a big coupon/discount fiend

sorrel Thu 09-Jun-05 13:28:17

ne too ninah . can get quite excited in a charity shop if i see something good

acnebride Thu 09-Jun-05 13:29:40

overheard in Hay on Wye a few weeks back - 'well there was a blouse in Oxfam that would have done, but it was a bit expensive'

i know exactly what she meant, oxfam is too pricy these days

sorrel Thu 09-Jun-05 13:30:07

makes me think of my bil who is a big shot in the city, but as a country boy at heart cannot help himself bartering for everything in shops- even posh ones. he alwats gets a discount

ninah Thu 09-Jun-05 13:31:05

Yes I love charity shops but most of the more well known ones are pricey and have quite boring stuff. I have found some great off the beaten track ones tho.

ninah Thu 09-Jun-05 13:32:35

saw an amazing 60's floor lamp for £30, restrained myself from buying it cos dp hates 'toot' but it was great, about 3 feet high, might go back and see if it's still there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now