loader

Talk

Advanced search

A Whole Day of Me Time..How Best to Spend It..Please

(36 Posts)
lemonice Thu 09-Jun-05 11:01:20

reality or fantasy...

jessicasmummy Thu 09-Jun-05 11:02:44

i dont know but im interested! my dd started nursery one whole day a week on monday, so my first day without her i was a bit lost tbh. hoping to be able to find something constructive to do on monday coming though!

GaylordFocker Thu 09-Jun-05 11:03:44

housework out, read a book and chill in the garden maybe.

charleepeters Thu 09-Jun-05 11:03:48

hmmmmm you could take the oppertunity to dance round your house naked????

moondog Thu 09-Jun-05 11:04:30

Fantastic!
My top thing would be going to the gym,followed by a swim and sauna. Buy a stack of magazines and the paper,then off somewhere for lunch.

Afternoon spent browsing in a fantastic bookshop and/or foodshopping.

I'm very [jealous]

JoolsToo Thu 09-Jun-05 11:04:32

well get off here for starters!

flamesparrow Thu 09-Jun-05 11:04:48

Buy some croissants and nice coffee, so that once little one is gone, you can sit down with the paper (you might have to pick that up on the way back from nursery), your croissants and coffee, and read the entire thing from cover to cover.

Then meet a friend for lunch.

Lunch until pick up time!!!

Kayleigh Thu 09-Jun-05 11:05:14

reality, catch up on cleaning, read a book in the sunshine, have lunch with a friend, run 101 errands

fantasy, spend the day in bed with Clive Owen while my house cleans itself and dinner cooks itself

WigWamBam Thu 09-Jun-05 11:05:31

Long, leisurely breakfast in Starbucks
Shop, shop, shop, shop, shop
Lunch somewhere swanky
Shop, shop, shop, shop, shop
Home again for a nice, leisurely bath full of bubbles, then sit outside in the sunshine with a book and a big jug of iced lemonade, pretending that the sink isn't full of washing up and the lounge doesn't look like Steptoe's Yard

WideWebWitch Thu 09-Jun-05 11:05:49

Oh god, I've just been doing this on Moo's grumpy thread. I've sent Dinosaur to The Sanctuary and Marthamoo to Malmaison petis spa . I'd go here, Drakes in Brighton with a stack of books and magazines and lovely food, probably from Waitrose and then have dp join me in the evening. Are you really getting a day?

Caligula Thu 09-Jun-05 11:07:38

Must back up Jools' advice!

ssd Thu 09-Jun-05 11:08:43

I think I'd have a sleep......

acnebride Thu 09-Jun-05 11:13:40

Reality - take a Georgette Heyer to bed until I drop off (approx 3 minutes), go out for late lunch in Oxford and long slow browse round the charity shops/second-hand bookshops. Evening, have a go at writing something for a couple of hours, then watch crappy movie while doing embroidery. Late bath with the rest of the Georgette Heyer.

Fantasy - TBH, same as above except I'd have two of these a week!

moondog Thu 09-Jun-05 11:18:30

acnebride...I've never got to the bottom of Georgette Heyer. Is it Mills&Boon with nobs on,or something altogether more witty and challenging?

snafu Thu 09-Jun-05 11:20:57

It's Mills & Boon with nobs in, isn't it?

And yes, I do mean the posh sort...

Nightynight Thu 09-Jun-05 11:21:48

moondog - it is witty, and nicely written, def better than M+B. The worst thing is the snobbery, everyone upper class is good etc. Its actually hard to find a nice middle class character in her books, tho working classes are allowed to be the salt of the earth.

moondog Thu 09-Jun-05 11:22:24

snafu,
Realised my speeling wosn't quite write there!
(Very witty!)

moondog Thu 09-Jun-05 11:23:44

nightynight,
Is the romance arch and witty or deadly serious (yokels doing a lot of forlock touching and genuflecting notwithstanding?)

expatinscotland Thu 09-Jun-05 11:24:30

Fantasy: spa day!

Reality: Border book shop

ninah Thu 09-Jun-05 11:24:52

exactly my thoughts Jools NOT on msn
that's for OP's time!

Nightynight Thu 09-Jun-05 11:25:14

the romance is beautifully handled. I still love some of her heroes!

lemonice Thu 09-Jun-05 11:25:36

Thanks for these keep them coming..whatever they may be..

I shall go through them in my lunch break

I'm not actually getting one, but I am planning to try to get one as i have noticed I'm getting less nice and more lemon and I thought if I had some lovely suggestions it would be a real incentive to arrange it...

moondog Thu 09-Jun-05 11:27:21

op time??
Bloody hell,lemon,after all that it was just a mad fantasy! I'm crushed.
Georgette Heyer.....she's dead,right?
How many books did she write?

ninah Thu 09-Jun-05 11:28:20

other people

Nightynight Thu 09-Jun-05 11:28:57

about 25 I think and she died in about 1973.

Apparently she used to write a book every year to pay the previous year's tax bill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now