Talk

Advanced search

Place your bets ladies....

(31 Posts)
FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 12:25:17

I either have an upset stomach, or this child is being very nice and planning on making an exit!

38 weeks. Was 3/5 engaged as of appointment Weds last week.

Regular twinges on Monday which then all stopped <grr>.

Backache since last night (distracting, painkillers only took edge off).

Very empty bowels (you love it when I share these things don't you?) - happened at the start with both of the others.

Last two were one very overdue, and one on due date.

I have had so many "might bes" now that I am trying desperately not to get my hopes up, but it is soooo hard not to when I want it out NOW!!!

So... bets. Am I? Aren't I?

rubyslippers Fri 02-Oct-09 12:27:03

have you had a show? any contractions?

i am 39 weeks ++++ so i feel your pain

RealityIsAnAuntie Fri 02-Oct-09 12:27:37

Message withdrawn

norktasticninja Fri 02-Oct-09 12:30:35

My bets are on labour starting soon, if not today then in the next few days, it's full moon on the 4th isn't it?

Can you have loads of long walks?

Come on down Flame Child #3!

StretchFucksTheMailDaily Fri 02-Oct-09 12:30:42

No, you still have at least 2 weeks to go.

<<trying to be helpful>> grin

Seriously, I had all that 1 week befor ds2 popped out (literally!!)

I think what made him arrive, was me promising DH sex that night to get things moving! 2 hours later I had contractions!! grin Maybe that would work? although could backfire!

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 12:37:13

No show. Long walks lead to a need to wee in the middle of nowhere blush

Vague tightening rather than decent contractions.

I promised sex last night, but backed out blush

NaughtyAlice Fri 02-Oct-09 12:40:30

Oooh, exciting!!!!

DH said he felt rather used in the last week or so of my pg (well i suppose he was really as i wasn't doing it for my own enjoyment at that point grin) so i would get shagging! grin

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 12:44:02

When DH suggested it my response was "But that'll involve effort and stuff", and he assured me it would be bare minimum.

I think he is sick enough of bitch me to be used

Buda Fri 02-Oct-09 12:46:49

Exciting! Or not. Could be labour. Might not be. No point in getting your hopes up only to be here moaning at us next week. Go shag your husband and see if that gets things going!

grin

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 12:49:34

If I am still pregnant next week, then I'll moan at you anyway regardless of hopes being raised wink

I think his work frown on wives appearing for sex midday...

NaughtyAlice Fri 02-Oct-09 12:51:48

Yes, but this is an emergency wink

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 12:53:25

They already think I'm nuts anyway tbh. Antenatal depression has led to a lot of hysterical phone calls, and me turning up sobbing hysterically because DS has lost a shoe or something blush

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 12:55:50

Ooh that was a much tighter tightening....

Gonna drop DS at preschool and drive over many speed bumps.

NaughtyAlice Fri 02-Oct-09 13:15:09

Whilst eating fresh pineapple of course wink

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 13:21:28

Of course. I think I should probably alternate a spoon of pineapple with a spoon of hot curry. And probably twiddle my nipples at the same time.

<winces at the idea of the hot curry and the nipples>

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 13:22:40

(In reality I am going to go and watch back Reaper and eat popcorn whilst ignoring all of this and trying not to get hopes up)

rubyslippers Fri 02-Oct-09 13:23:00

flame - you know what lulumama would say

sex and nipple stim!

i had a sweep today (had show eysterday) - may have to have sex altho; it is the last thing on my mind <<sigh>>

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 13:25:53

Had a sweep mid labour with DS (they didn't think much was happening) - hideous thing, so don't envy you that in the slightest!!

I think it will be a sign of how desperate I truly am in a fortnight if I agree to it again....

rubyslippers Fri 02-Oct-09 13:27:07

yes - it was horrid ...

i hope things start moving for you ...

Buda Fri 02-Oct-09 16:24:42

I bet his work would be highly entertained by you appearing for midafternoon sex!

Feel free to moan away if nothing happens. We can just ignore you!

How is that Psycho woman btw? Tell her I said hi. I miss her on here.

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 16:44:32

shock @ ignoring me!!! How rude!!!

She's fine, various house building works going on so she is using her MN time to nag poor Psychodad instead.

Back ache is getting worse, and now periodish feeling stomach. Tightenings not really anything to write home about.

Doing various nesting/sorting "just in case" as it is a homebirth and the place looks like hell!

Buda Fri 02-Oct-09 16:51:13

I'm going out tonight and will be thinking of you and wondering if things are happening. (Is that better than ignoring?)

My sis had backache with one of hers. My mum kept telling her she wasn't in labour if only back pain. She was.

Hope you are.

FiveGoMadonTheDanceFloor Fri 02-Oct-09 16:54:22

Flame - fingers crossed I never had labour with either of mine so wouldn't know what it felt like.

YouLukaAmazing Fri 02-Oct-09 19:37:35

Message withdrawn

Buda Sat 03-Oct-09 08:07:59

Have you not had that baby yet then? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now