Talk

Advanced search

contraception advice whilst breastfeeding needed

(5 Posts)
pud1 Wed 30-Sep-09 16:27:54

i am going to my post natal tommorow and need to sort out my contraception. am breastfeeding and i know this narrows my options. dont want the mini pill as i am rubbish at remembering to take it and this is how dd2 came about. any ideas or recomendations would be appreciated

Louby3000 Wed 30-Sep-09 16:32:37

I have taken the mini pill and have stopped as I have been absoultely pants at taking it. My GP wont give me the implant or the injection- he says there needs to be more research done on both. the only other option is the coil...not keen on that one at all. will watch this thread to see if any better advice comes out!

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 30-Sep-09 16:32:49

There is a mini pill that is supposedly suitable while breastfeeding (cerazette), you have a 12 hour window, rather than the 2 hour one I think you get with standard mini pill

However, there are quite a few disparaging comments on here about it and personally I blame it for my dramatic reduction in milk supply! This is purely anecdotal of course, but I've come off it now and just using condoms for now.

pud1 Wed 30-Sep-09 16:35:01

i was on cerazette when i got pg with dd2. am thinking that the coil is my best option but get such mixed reports about it.

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Wed 30-Sep-09 16:51:11

ah right, not much help for you then. I kept it on the microwave so I never forgot!

I had mirena coil before DD - it worked very well for me, no bleeding whatsoever.
Have got friends who have had constant bleeding on this though (ie for months and months).
So yes - there's another mixed report for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now