Talk

Advanced search

How I do a persaude my DH.................

(25 Posts)
Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 09:35:27

to drive for just over 1hr (2hrs there and back) to go to the Highclere Music Festival on Saturday night to see "The Rat Pack Live from Vegas".......with the full cast from the West End show?????

I've just got tickets in the post, from a competition I won and when I showed him this morning he gave a pretty 'cool' response - but I SO want to go.

He knows one of my big 'dreams' is to see a 'proper' West End Show (as opposed to seeing a local theatre group doing a musical in a local theatre) and this is the closest I can see us getting in the foreseeable future - the tickets are worth £30 EACH!!!!!

Any good ideas????

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 09:37:32

If he won't go go with a friend.

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 09:38:08

Or use bribery and corruption. That's what I do and I get my own way whenever I want

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 09:38:42

but Anorak - I don't drive

hunkermunker Wed 08-Jun-05 09:38:58

And I'm not talking shock, Gwenick

I know, v smutty. Soz

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 09:39:22

With the bribery - I could always threaten to not put any of the artwork on the website before our Sunday 'deadline'......but not sure how well that would go down

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 09:39:54

well another typically 'helpful' comment from HM - again

purpleturtle Wed 08-Jun-05 09:41:24

get a friend to drive in exchange for the free ticket

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 09:41:42

I meant go with a friend who drives, of course!

As for the artwork - that sounds more like blackmail than bribery. I use special bribery if you know what I mean

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 09:42:30

Hunkermunker knew what I was on about...

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 09:45:11

don't think he'd been to impressed with 'that' sort of bribery at the moment..........mid AF LOL

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 09:45:38

Wrong end...

hunkermunker Wed 08-Jun-05 09:49:02

ANORAK!

(Just what I was going to say - lol!)

Glad I was helpful, Gwenick.

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 09:54:30

Well it works for me. My dh will do anything for me if I promise his "treat"

Sponge Wed 08-Jun-05 10:04:00

Just tell him you REALLY want to go and if he loves you he'll take you. Surely that should be enough. We all do things which aren't our idea of heaven becasue our other half wants to from time to time.

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 10:19:47

I agree. But if it's my idea of heaven and my dh's idea of hell I like to reward him with what he thinks of as heaven.

Heaven is a place where we look after each other, isn't it?

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 10:31:03

well we're making slow advances - via email (no not THAT sort).

I asked if there was any chance we could go.

He replied "when is it" ARGHHH

So I've emailed him back to tell him, and also said to let me know if "we" can't go so I can ask a friend (unfortunately not many of my friends live round here - and those that do only one or two drive).

Fio2 Wed 08-Jun-05 10:31:48

oh pmsl anorak

Hausfrau Wed 08-Jun-05 10:36:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charleepeters Wed 08-Jun-05 10:54:55

tell him you will never have sex with him again! or do what i do ask him while hes asleep then tell him he promised!

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 11:57:36

Well I'm making progress - he's actually called the venue to find out exactly where it is, 'dress code' etc etc!!! He's also 'kindly' pointed out that a baby sitter would be required from approx 4.30-midnight this Saturday (hmm better get rining my friends LOL). But it does 'sort' of sound like he might be willing. I think once he's there he would enjoy it

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 13:12:26

WOOHOOO - he's said we can go...........now I need to find someone to give up their Saturday night at very short notice [panic]

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 14:59:53

Fantastic! And without any party tricks too

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 15:59:11

nope - no party tricks required - but one 'big' trick required in the task of finding said baby sitter (free of charge!) with such short notice ARGHHHHHH.

I've got some 'ideas' of who I can ask, but they're all either working, or the kids (well she's not that young - she's 17) are at school at the moment

Gwenick Wed 08-Jun-05 16:46:38

YIPEEEE!

Found a babysitter - she sounds 'slightly' apprehensive (she's never done nappies LOL). But the daughter of a friend at church has just agreed to look after the boys for us. She's 'only' 17, but she's really lovely girl, and often 'plays' with the boys at church and I trust her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now