Talk

Advanced search

where is the best place to buy girls tights ?

(7 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Mon 28-Sep-09 19:42:27

Hi, my daughter is 4.5 but has very long legs and has to have age 7 tights. I have bought Pex, as I thought they were ment to be very good quality, but they bobbled after a day and wore thin between the legs after 2 washes. shock I found that primark tights are far better quality but they don't have many colour options.
I really like the stripy top and tights combo too. Do they still do that anywhere?
If you could let me know which tights are made to last, that would be great. smile

Housemum Tue 29-Sep-09 16:15:02

I've usually found H&M tights come up quite long, and they have funky colours usually. Wear quality about average, but they are not too expensive. Don't buy M&S they are quite short (or maybe they are just average, my DD2 has long legs too)

3littlefrogs Tue 29-Sep-09 16:18:02

Watching with interest as I paid £3.50 in the school uniform shop for a pack of 2 pairs, and each lasted precisely one day. (and dd is 11 and quite ladylike, so not indulging in any rough and tumble).angry

MintyCane Tue 29-Sep-09 16:20:10

I second H&M I have long legged girls you will need size 6 - 8. They also do nice leggings.

Littlefish Tue 29-Sep-09 16:22:04

H&M tights come up very long! M&S and Next are very short.

Gap Kids are nice quality, but expensive.

mummyloveslucy Tue 29-Sep-09 17:53:09

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look in H&M.
It was acctually a school uniform shop where I bought the Pex tights which lasted 2 days. My daughter is also very lady like and dosn't wear out clothes. It was so annoying.

rachyh85 Fri 02-Oct-09 22:43:49

i third h&m, theyre lovely thick, long and really funky. my long legged daughter wears their tights. as a note for another shop to watch out for with long legs is debenhams as their tights come up wide and short. ( 2-3 same length as some H&M 1-2 ones!)
if theyre for use outside of school, have a look for catimini tights as they are thin fitting - so if you go for a larger size (maybe age 6 or 7) then they will fit nicely. (new pairs sometimes available on ebay cheaper than shops) catimini tights are also v. v. gorgeous, and always have a 'theme'-so plenty of opportunity to buy matching t-shirts/dress/skirts/coats etc...
rach xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now