Talk

Advanced search

How do you get blood off a pale yellow duvet?

(10 Posts)
Dawnybabe Mon 28-Sep-09 11:58:10

I'm such a bad mummy.....sad

We're all playing in dd1's bedroom when dd2 4mths starts crying. Pick her up & head off when dd1 gives me her china pig money box and sayd she wants to count her money. I said no cos baby's crying and needs something and chucked the money box on to her bed. It promptly bounced straight back and hit dd1 right in the face!

She starts to cry and buries her head on the bed. I say don't silly, you're alright, mummy'll rub it better, etc, pick her up to give her a cuddle and the bed, her tshirt, her face and her hair are covered in blood.

She's in the bath now (the door is right beside me, she's almost in reach) and she's fine, but am I the worst mummy or what?

And now the duvet has blood all over it. I've covered it in vanish but I'm not sure what's best for getting rid of blood on a pale fabric. I'm pretty sure it's cotton.

And the baby has gone to sleep anyway.

sad blush

Aaw you poor thing! don't feel bad it was an accident! I always do silly things like that, went to grab ds the other day as he was attempting to dive out of his highchair onto the stone floor, and managed to pinch and bruise the skin on his side, bless him. blush These things happen! glad she's ok.

I was going to say spit gets rid of small amounts of blood but if it's a lot of blood you probably don't want to be spitting all over it!! erm... soak it in cold water and wait for better advice. grin

Dawnybabe Mon 28-Sep-09 12:05:57

Cheers James. God we are numpties aren't we? Although you're not as big a numpty as me, obviously...

bargainhuntingbetty Mon 28-Sep-09 12:06:34

here you go

Ivykaty44 Mon 28-Sep-09 12:09:11

Cold wash - don't cook in blood as it is counted in with food ezimes smile

clumsymum Mon 28-Sep-09 12:14:00

Well mseeing as you've got it before it's dried, it shouldn't be too much of a prob.

bung it in the washer, and put on a cold rinse straight away, once or even twice (don't bother to spin).

Then put in a good dollop of biological detergent (must be biological *), and switch it on a 40 degree wash.

Once it's been going for 10 - 15 mins, switch off the machine, and leave it to soak for a couple of hours at least.

Then switch the machine back on, let it complete, and the duvet cover will be clean, I promise.

* If your lot are allergic to biological, wash in bio anyway (only bio will properly get blood out), then re-wash in non-bio.

P.S. This technique generally works with red wine & tomato - y stuff too.

Dawnybabe Mon 28-Sep-09 12:22:06

You guys are good!

Just as well with people like me around.

My dh will not be impressed at the chunk out of dd1's head, and I'm dreading telling mil. Oh well. I won't feel as bad as I did when I saw dd1's blood. Another hard lesson learned.

Thanks to all you wonderful mn'ers. smile

Dawnybabe Mon 28-Sep-09 12:41:09

Oh and the salt technique worked, cheers betty! Will now go and put the washing machine on again.

whoingodsnameami Mon 28-Sep-09 12:43:35

Blimey, it must be something in the air, I gave dt1 a nose bleed this morning with a mop, did'nt see her behind me.

bea Mon 28-Sep-09 20:22:22

too late to join this thread but definitley cold water if blood is fresh!... gets rid of copious amounts of blood and also shampoo gets rid of it too! no hot water... always cold! and dry out on line as the sun then bleaches the last remenants away! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now