Talk

Advanced search

Invited to Birthday Party should I go

(8 Posts)
cosi Tue 07-Jun-05 16:24:34

Another parent at nursery has invited my 10 mth old DS to her DS's first birthday party. I've never met her and dont know what her DS looks like. I know that the two boys play together at nursery and like each other but feel a little uncomfortable going to a party where I dont even know what the birthday boy looks like! My question is, would you go, and if you would, would you take your partner?

Lizzylou Tue 07-Jun-05 16:25:21

I'd go...I'd love it!
Take your partner if it makes you feel more comfortable.....

WigWamBam Tue 07-Jun-05 16:28:13

I'd go - it might be a good chance to get to know some new people.

Twiglett Tue 07-Jun-05 16:28:37

The party isn't for you, its for the babies but it gives you a huge opportunity to make new friends because I bet there will be lots of other parents there

I would double check before taking partner just what kind of party it is .. a lot of the first parties for DS were just the mums / main carer and baby .. no partner .. but other people have big adult based parties and just a few babies

go and have fun .. and make friends

cosi Tue 07-Jun-05 16:29:12

I would like to take DS as it was really sweet of her to invite him. Taking partner will make me feel more comfortable and it would be nice to meet more mums from nursery

macwoozy Tue 07-Jun-05 16:29:40

I might be abit nervous at first, but it would be a great opportunity to meet other mums.

batters Tue 07-Jun-05 16:31:19

I'd go. My partner would rather do anything, and I mean anything, but go.

cosi Tue 07-Jun-05 16:33:32

Ok, I'll be brave then and go, thanks for the advice everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now