Talk

Advanced search

Have your feet changed....

(24 Posts)
ggglimpopo Tue 07-Jun-05 16:08:57

Message withdrawn

Toothache Tue 07-Jun-05 16:11:04

ggglimpopo - Well since ds was born 4 yrs ago I've went from a size 5 to a 6!!!

expatinscotland Tue 07-Jun-05 16:12:34

Mine went up a size and never went down after having DD. I was gutted - I had to part with some of my beloved shoes!

dinosaur Tue 07-Jun-05 16:13:39

Yes, since having the DSs mine have gone up from a 5 to a 5.5!

ggglimpopo Tue 07-Jun-05 16:14:57

Message withdrawn

dinosaur Tue 07-Jun-05 16:15:45

Well, I'd best stop at three then

motherinferior Tue 07-Jun-05 16:16:50

No, they are still mutantly small and resolutely flat. I think it's the lifelong flatness which meant they were already spread out as far as possible.

My feet really are like flippers. Nice flippers, especially as they can't wear anything but resolutely sensible shoes so are therefore flippers unmarred by sweet kitten heels...but flippers all the same.

Earlybird Tue 07-Jun-05 16:18:34

Yes, my feet are bigger since having dd. But, I also am 1.5 stone heavier than I was before. So, not sure which is the dominant factor.

I have a wardrobe full of old (and expensive) shoes that I can't wear, but can't bring myself to throw away either. If I lose the weight, will my feet shrink back to their old size?

Thomcat Tue 07-Jun-05 16:18:43

LOL _ Thank you for this thread - I thought it was just me. I went from a 4 to a 5 and lots of my tighter size 4 shoes/boots can't be worn. Better not spend a lot of money on shoes until I've had this next baby then in case the same happens again.

I can't wear lots of my old rings either. Some just feel too tight but it's more that they irritate me now and I can't be doing with them.

jinglybits Tue 07-Jun-05 16:21:10

well i went from a size 8 to a 9! so sadly go no longer buy shoes and i have to walk around in flip flops or mens trainers! i will never be able to go anywhere in a nice dress again! can't even contemplate what might happen if i brave another pregnancy...might turn into an ogre footed monster!

ggglimpopo Tue 07-Jun-05 16:24:59

Message withdrawn

desperatehousewife Tue 07-Jun-05 16:25:04

yep, mine went up a size too when I had ds. I think arches drop with the weight of being preg - and once you've got a collapsed arch...that's it girls! Gutting as I had a real shoe fetish and in the days when I worked, I had LOTS of fab shoes. Had to give them all away. sob, sniffle...

LIZS Tue 07-Jun-05 16:25:08

Mine did, one longer the other wider ! Was ok after ds (except I guess stopping work and wearing softer casual shoes may have started it) but had swelling in latter stage of pg with dd and they never did feel right after that.

Lizzylou Tue 07-Jun-05 16:26:01

They are now even wider and more hobbit like....

expatinscotland Tue 07-Jun-05 16:26:57

My rings! Same thing happened to me with mine.

I'm holding off on shoe purchases till after this one's born as it'll be our last.

ggglimpopo Tue 07-Jun-05 16:28:40

Message withdrawn

koalabear Tue 07-Jun-05 16:29:53

all of me got pregnant, including my feet
my feet stayed pregnant

ggglimpopo Tue 07-Jun-05 16:31:32

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Tue 07-Jun-05 16:33:19

Anyone want some of my constant vomitting to go with her large feet? I haven't gained an ounce this pregnancy (yet) b/c everything I eat comes back up. Yuck.

I'm going to be REALLY bummed if I can't wear my denim wedge heels after this one is born!

koalabear Tue 07-Jun-05 16:35:30

expat - when is due date? i've stopped weighing myself this pregnacy due to early onset of weight induced depression - actually, DH hid the scales, he said it was for his mental health so he didn't have to hear me complain

Sponge Tue 07-Jun-05 16:36:55

It's pitiful really though, the way we're all still hanging onto a load of pretty, small shoes which no longer fit. Dd is now 5 so I can safely say my feet are never going back but I've still got those shoes .

expatinscotland Tue 07-Jun-05 16:40:37

I'm due 18 December, koala.

And I have hung onto a beautiful, nearly new pair of red leather Kenneth Cole kitten heels for nearly 2 years - that no longer fit.

Funny, I didn't have this problem letting go of the clothes which no longer fit.

At least I can still use the matching handbag!

koalabear Tue 07-Jun-05 16:41:23

oh sponge - i do concur - it was only on the weekend that i went through cupboard and filled a big plastic bag - shamefully, some of my paired friends had been worn only a couple of times - alas, i said goodbye knowing that forever more my feet are destined to what my husband refers to as "granny shoes"

koalabear Tue 07-Jun-05 16:43:03

i'm due nov 28 - only 20 days apart then - those red kittens should have pride of place - perhaps a display cabinet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now