Talk

Advanced search

Mothercare baby furniture deliveries

(2 Posts)
Helinie Mon 28-Sep-09 01:46:32

Just to warn other mums about the appalling service from Mothercare in Leeds. We ordered nursery furniture and paid for it through the Baby Plan scheme with arranged delivery date of 22nd September. Me and my boyfriend waited excitedly all Tuesday from 8 to 9 p.m. then all Wednesday and finally (after they promised to express deliver it on Thursday morning) it arrived Thursday afternoon with part of it missing also part of the wardrobe damaged. Three days waiting in an apartment is no joke especially when you've only 3 weeks to go!

We got lots of promises from H.O. Mothercare but they never materialised. My boyfriend lost 2 and half days pay, I spent a lot of money on the phone trying to sort it out and was emotionally drained by whole experience. My family are shocked that a reputable firm can behave in this way. Mothercare (less) say their policy is not to give compensation but we are still trying.We still haven't received the missing baby dresser.

Anyone else had a bad experience? (This is only half the story).

KiBe Sun 04-Oct-09 14:28:03

we complained about them taking 3 months to deliver furniture (we ordered lovely boori stuff) so they sent us vouchers in compensation, but then ended up turning the furniture away as they had already built wardrobe and it wouldn't fit in house! got the humphreys corner stuff in the end which was flat pack and was fine in terms of delivery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now