Advanced search

Car and ex p problem

(12 Posts)
rickman Tue 07-Jun-05 13:24:38

Message withdrawn

rickman Tue 07-Jun-05 13:57:05

Message withdrawn

lunavix Tue 07-Jun-05 13:58:24

I'd say ( I may be wrong... ) suck up to exp...

I know it goes against all principles but when needs must...

Other than that ring school, tell them you can't get kids there, and they need to help!

cerys Tue 07-Jun-05 13:59:48

The issue of who owns the car seems a bit irrelevant to me. He is their dad and should want to help them, regardless of how things are between the two of you!
No bright ideas, I'm afraid, but I hope you can get something sorted!

Caligula Tue 07-Jun-05 14:00:26

What exactly is he doing about the repairs?

Aimsmum Tue 07-Jun-05 14:08:52

Message withdrawn

rickman Tue 07-Jun-05 14:11:45

Message withdrawn

Caligula Tue 07-Jun-05 14:24:48

Could you phone his friend, who owns the garage, and explain the dilemma? Just tell him that xp told you he was fixing it, and of course you don't want to hassle him, but could he possibly have it ready in time for the kids to be taken to school and then send the bill to xp, as originally agreed?

Or is he not that kind of friend?!

rickman Tue 07-Jun-05 14:33:44

Message withdrawn

Caligula Tue 07-Jun-05 15:14:33

Is there anyone else you know who can give you a lift?

And about your xp not doing anything - can you pin him down as to whether he is prepared to pay for the repairs or not? And if not, will he sign the car over to your name so that you can pay for them (I know you haven't got the money atm but cross that bridge when you come to it).

If you have to do the bus thing, explain to him how very difficult this makes the lives of his children. If you say it will make your life difficult, he'll be pleased, but if you put it in terms of how it makes the children's lives difficult, he might feel obliged to pretend he gives a shit.

What a w**r he is. Sorry Rickman.

rickman Tue 07-Jun-05 15:58:45

Message withdrawn

rickman Tue 07-Jun-05 16:14:11

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now