Talk

Advanced search

stupid mother outside my house!!!!!!

(18 Posts)
biglips Tue 07-Jun-05 13:05:52

i live opposite a bus stop and got no garden in front only soil as we had to dig out our hedge out cos it was causing the front of house to move (as it got very thick roots that gone under the house) so DP did it at the weekend and its all now flat and bare atm plus its quite a busy bus stop, no more than 5 at a time..

ive just came back from the shops and i saw her two kids in their best clothes in the soil with their tiny dollies and i looked at the stupid mother to say "get them off!!" but she was just gawping at the them with her baba in the pram..

mytwopenceworth Tue 07-Jun-05 13:08:15

are you angry that they were in your garden?

NomDePlume Tue 07-Jun-05 13:10:10

we had a similar thing about a year ago. We live in a cul de sac with no bus stop, but our front garden was open(no fence or hedge), we had bark chippings on the outer edge border to keep the weeds down. Used to see loads of kids picking up handfuls of the bark and either throwing it or putting it somewhere (pockets etc) mainly with their parents/grandparents watching . Also there's a guy with a dog in our street and every time he walked the mangy mutt (no lead) it would leap all over my front garden. So last summer we erected a 4ft fence, end of problem !

biglips Tue 07-Jun-05 13:10:17

yes incase they start making a mess or do i just leave it? as the soil is dry atm

mytwopenceworth Tue 07-Jun-05 13:11:26

its your private garden! tell them to get off! its trespass - i thought possibly you were worried about their clothes (i know, im dumb!!!!!!!!)

NomDePlume Tue 07-Jun-05 13:11:50

sorry, but bugger their clothes. It's YOUR garden, the mother should be teaching her children to respect other's property, IMO.

biglips Tue 07-Jun-05 13:13:16

yes we are buying a fence once we have saved bit of money (hurry up money!)

NomDePlume Tue 07-Jun-05 13:14:59

our git-faced postie used trundle across the front lawn too, cos he was too lazy to walk round on the path. Grrrr

Lizzylou Tue 07-Jun-05 13:16:50

I would tell em where to go!
Mind you, the Mom may not listen! Our old house was on a main road by a bus stop and one day a couple of kids (with their mom) knocked over our recycling box (left on our drive) there were cans and bottles all over the place...I went out and asked innocently who had done it, the Mom just pointed to the one child...I asked if her or her child were going to pick it up and she said "But he's only 2 years old" (So why was he allowed to play on a main road and someone elses garden??) I said she should pick it up and she said it shouldn't have been there in the first place.................
I was disgusted as how do children ever learn with idiots like that as mothers??? I diligently picked up the rubbish so no-one else's kids hurt themselves on broken glass etc..fuming!

mytwopenceworth Tue 07-Jun-05 13:20:14

we have the same prob ndp, we've got a strip seperating our front from next door and i spent a fortune on flowers and plants and it looked really lovely, but now its all trampled by people stepping thru to next door so they dont have to go down our path and back up again. postman, milkman, junk mail, free papers, those blinkin useless catalogues that get left outside your door every week even though you NEVER buy anything and they insist you leave them out for them although unsolicited crap that comes thru my door gets binned and then they have a go at me for it oh my god sorry just gone off on one.

back to the point plants are bloody expensive and it annoys me!!!

NomDePlume Tue 07-Jun-05 13:22:58

mtpw - it's so infuriating. I also found it odd that whenever I mentioned this to other people they'd tut and mutter 'bloody kids nowadays', i hav e to say that I took a teeny bit of pleasure in saying that actually the paper boys and girls always use the path and it's the middle-aged postie who is the illmannered one

mytwopenceworth Tue 07-Jun-05 13:32:18

it is annoying ndp - its just the lack of respect for your private proberty that gets to you, isnt it?!! - well, is me anyway!

have they gone now or do you need to wave a big stick at them???

NomDePlume Tue 07-Jun-05 13:33:48

it is the total lack of respect. Grrr. Thank gawd for my fence !!!

mytwopenceworth Tue 07-Jun-05 13:34:02

and btw, since you are still around - my washing machine has just bust on me and my kitchen is 2 inches deep in water and my mop is useless and all my towels are all over the floor trying to soak it up and yet i am sat here. irrelevent to the thread, i know, sorry.

NomDePlume Tue 07-Jun-05 13:34:59

i have a leaky (despite being only 2 years old) washing machine. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nutcracker Tue 07-Jun-05 13:36:10

I would put a fence up.

We have been here nearly a year now and I know the house was empty for a loing time before we got it and was a tip but people round here seem to think they can still use our front lawn as a rubbish dump.

Every day it is covered in sweet wrappers, bags etc.
The other day the woman opposite realised she had a bucket stick under her car as she drove off, so she got out, removed it and flung it on our garden. Dp was not impressed and told her so.

So anyway, we are going to put a fance up now, and a gate to stop next doors kids wandering round the garden.

NomDePlume Tue 07-Jun-05 13:36:42

@ the bucket woman !!!! Cheeky mare

biglips Tue 07-Jun-05 14:14:14

too right about the bucket woman - cheeky mare!!

the kids didnt make a mess and i dont give a toss about the kids clothes but i wouldnt have my kids lying in the soil in the best clothes as they got to learn to sort of respect their clothes, i would've of been ashamed if my kids was lying in the soil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now