Talk

Advanced search

Baby modelling - should we and who with?? WWYD?

(8 Posts)
ChocOrange05 Thu 24-Sep-09 13:50:13

Hi all

Out of curiosity (because people keep telling me DS is model material) I submitted DS's (10.5m) photo to some modelling agencies whose names I got from general MN browsing.

So far we have had a no from the obviously blind wink people at Truly Scrumptious, and yes's from the exceedingly tasteful grin Childsplay, Bonnie & Betty, Babyshak and Elisabeth Smith.

Their fees range from £25 - £175 for a range of services.

So I have two questions:

1) would you choose for your child to become a model; if you have done this what are the pros and cons, and;

2) if we do go ahead, which agency would you use?

TIA!

BlueKangerooWonders Thu 24-Sep-09 14:00:40

Just one question - why would you go for it? Personally, earning all the money in the world wouldn't be enough...

ChocOrange05 Thu 24-Sep-09 14:11:23

Why do you say that BlueKangaroo I am interested in what people think the cons are, especially those who have done some modelling. DS's happiness will always come first of course and I don't feel well informed enough about any of it atm but I am interested. What if we get free clothes!!! wink grin

IsadoraDunking Thu 24-Sep-09 14:15:37

Free clothes would not be enough to tempt me.

Why do you want to use your child in this way? I assume you mean modelling clothes to advertise someone's brand?

I just cannot see it as a good way to spend the baby days.

Or any days.

IsadoraDunking Thu 24-Sep-09 14:16:26

You write that your ds's happiness will always come first. In what way do you think using him as a model will increase his happiness?

ChocOrange05 Thu 24-Sep-09 15:18:08

Have you done any modelling with your DC Isadora (which btw is my cats name!) - I want to know why you think it would be using him. The way I see it, it could be a day out meeting other mums and babies and potentially something different. I don't see a problem in advertising someone's brands and I do not see it as using DS.

IsadoraDunking Thu 24-Sep-09 17:35:57

Well you clearly have good taste wink.

No I have never done any modelling with or without DC.

I would have a problem advertising someone's brand, unless it happened to be a brand whose values I supported, and I would prefer to take a small child to a playgroup or similar as a means of meeting other mothers or children.

But then I have no interest in the modelling scene at all.

ChocOrange05 Thu 24-Sep-09 18:29:23

I do agree with not advertising a brand you don't believe in, for example we use reusable nappies and so I wouldn't want to advertise for disposables.

The thing is I don't know anything about modelling but DH says DS has to start contributing to the household soon so I need to do something. (JOKE!!) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now