Talk

Advanced search

What would you do ? School has asked me if.....

(11 Posts)
Summerfruit Wed 23-Sep-09 18:47:30

They could give permission to their official photographer to use an individual picture of my dd in order to promote his work and to put it in his website.

What do you think ? Shall I say yes ? Shall I say no ? My opinion is shared...What you would you do ???

seeker Wed 23-Sep-09 18:48:27

Of course, if your dd wants to!

smackapacka Wed 23-Sep-09 18:50:58

I had a similar dilemma when my SIL (who is a photographer) wanted to use pics of my DD for her website. I was dubious at first...once it's out there who know's what's being done with it etc... And then I thought that honestly if sinister people want pics of children there are far worse and vulnerable websites out there than this type of thing sad

Summerfruit Wed 23-Sep-09 18:52:17

I'm not sure she is going to get it, I tried to explain and she couldnt understand !

vinblanc Wed 23-Sep-09 18:53:19

Do you mind if your DD's picture is out there?

If not, then I would be happy to make a deal with the photographer. I wouldn't be happy with his using the image for free, even though he owns copyright.

Can you negotiate a family sitting?

CuppaTeaJanice Wed 23-Sep-09 18:53:26

I'd take it as a compliment....she's obviously very pretty if he wants her in his portfolio. I'm sure she'll be thrilled!

The only reason I'd decline would be if it was a picture of her in a swimming costume or similar.

Summerfruit Wed 23-Sep-09 18:54:41

smack- that is what I had in mind to be honest !

Summerfruit Wed 23-Sep-09 19:03:03

I'm just scared to make dd's picture public tbh ! vinblanc, what do you mean by family sitting ?

She is really pretty as all the little girls in dds class !!!

vinblanc Wed 23-Sep-09 19:38:55

Family sitting = they take pics of the family at no cost to you, either at their studio or your house.

I actually feel quite strongly about using your child's pics for their marketing purposes. You should be able to get something out of it.

Summerfruit Thu 24-Sep-09 07:50:21

Well I'm going to try to arrange somethiong, will be nice having portrait of the girls (not the family as I find it lame !)
Thank you !!!

norksinmywaistband Thu 24-Sep-09 08:01:03

When DD was a baby, we had some professional photos done. We were asked the same question( after we had placed our order) We agreed and got all our ordered photos free. As far as I know the company still use the photo 5 years on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now