Talk

Advanced search

Oops! Shall I deny all knowledge.

(10 Posts)
madmarchhare Mon 06-Jun-05 18:14:51

Ive just let DS play with DHs headphones (which he has specifically requested that I dont) whilst I am on here and he has broken them. As I was trying to fix them, he has snapped the back off the satalite navigation thingy that fits it into the car (its brand new, hence not in car yet) Ive semi mended the headphones and now very tempted to turn off computer and pretend I havent been on here all day and that I dont know whats happened. Whadya think?

Xena Mon 06-Jun-05 18:17:58

its what I would do. How much were they BTW
?

I drove down the motorway the other day in DH's car thinking there was something wrong with it as I could here a clonking on the outside. Actually I had shut his new hands free thingy in the door and it was banging on the side oops

madmarchhare Mon 06-Jun-05 18:20:14

No idea, dont think headphones can be that expensive can they? and am assuming that the thing to hold the thingy in the car was bought as a separate so not too bad either.

Xena Mon 06-Jun-05 18:22:26

The h/free my DH had were cordless remote?? But now he has replaced it wth a regular set

Twiglett Mon 06-Jun-05 18:34:35

if he's even slightly techy he can check your usage from the history

tbh I would go down the path of 'what the hell did you expect if you leave them lying around'

attack first .. its by far the best form of defense

jura Mon 06-Jun-05 18:36:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pixiefish Mon 06-Jun-05 18:36:38

Agree with Twiglett. If the sat nav thing is the tomtom go one then you're looking at a few hundred quid

Nightynight Mon 06-Jun-05 18:52:40

As a general rule, I think its one of mens most b***y irritating habits, to leave expensive stuff lying around with instructions that the children arent to be allowed to touch it. I got had a couple of times before I wised up and got super sensitive antennae to put dx's stuff well out of reach. Sounds obvious really, doesnt it, but if you're distracted its easy to overlook. You're wired up to put the children's toys away, but his....

Why is there a satnav thingy on some headphones? (Should be toddler-proof anyway!)
Is it electronics, or just an antenna, or even just a bit of plastic thats going to cost fifty quid "because they have to mould them specially" yeah right.

Suggest looking it up on the internet, to find the likely replacement cost.

madmarchhare Mon 06-Jun-05 19:22:35

Ah, sorry, the headphones and sat nav holder are totally separate items. Ive tried the headphones and they do still work (phew). Im definately going to deny all knowledge if they stop work in the not too distant future.

The sat nav is tom tom but I think the holder is a 'fits all' type. Cant find in on internet as it has no name on it, so reckon it must be a cheapy from dixons or something.

Nightynight Mon 06-Jun-05 19:27:40

hurrah! saved then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now